Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

ADT ending - what next?

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 19:32

Hi

I had my last (for the time being anyway) prostap injection yesterday. I have been having it for the past 2 years as an adjuvant to radiotherapy as part of the radicals trial. Assuming the PSA doesn't start to rise significantly any time soon I hope to be off the stuff for at least a few years.

So the question is what happens as your testosterone returns?

I will be watching to see if my muscles grow back a bit and whether my testicles grow again (they are little more than baked bean size at the moment!). Maybe my libido will come back too?

Another thing I will be looking out for is whether my blood sugar levels will drop (I was diagnosed diabetic about 7-8 months after starting ADT), that was a blessing in disguise as in getting my blood glucose back down to sensible levels I lost nearly twice as much weight as I had put on after starting ADT, (Metformin and diet changes - I refused the Gliclazide as I did not fancy a hypo while driving). I think that helped with not having grown moobs, but maybe contributed to the muscle loss 

Of course, I will also be watching the PSA!

Thanks

Andy

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 22:27

Well I could make the jokes about not wanting to shop any more...or getting emotional about corra.

But seriously here's hoping you get some normality back into your life and that you've kicked this into touch for good

Bri

User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 08:40

Thanks Bri
Since the ups and downs in the months following the surgery life has been pretty normal, like yourself there is the worry that builds up around PSA test times; at its worst (for me anyway) in the time between the test and the following consultant appointment.

I know yours is coming up soon and I will be thinking of you as that time approaches.
Good luck
Andy

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 22:27

Well I could make the jokes about not wanting to shop any more...or getting emotional about corra.

But seriously here's hoping you get some normality back into your life and that you've kicked this into touch for good

Bri

User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 08:40

Thanks Bri
Since the ups and downs in the months following the surgery life has been pretty normal, like yourself there is the worry that builds up around PSA test times; at its worst (for me anyway) in the time between the test and the following consultant appointment.

I know yours is coming up soon and I will be thinking of you as that time approaches.
Good luck
Andy