I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Whats happening to me

User
Posted 16 Feb 2015 at 18:57

Hi guys , I  am indeed of some advice on a possible prostate problem and don't really have anyone to talk to about it . I'm 43 years old and started to have a issues with an urgent need to pee last year .This only seems to happen during the day !the problem is worse if im working outdoors and if I have a cup of tea I will  end up running to and throw the loo 4 or 5 times in the next hour . I went to the doctors who gave me some antibiotics , now I thought this was water under the bridge and things seemed to get better .

In my spare time I go rock climbing and have found myself in a desperate situation twice now both times the same thing happens . I will be happily climbing away with my partner , when this dull pain starts to rise behind my scrotum followed by oh my goodness im going to urinate right here and now in front of all these people . Now as im normally holding the rope for my mate when this happens I cant just go running off ,  when I can I go to the loo then and go back to what I was doing . Two or three minutes later blow me down it starts all over again , so I have to make a crazy excuse to leave right away .

The dull ache now seems to be staying with me , but the urinating thing only seems to happen to me when im wearing my climbing harness after a period of about 40 minutes .

This has me really worrying , ive booked a doctors appointment but it not for almost months time  , appreciate any feed back

thanks Stuart  

User
Posted 16 Feb 2015 at 19:59

Hello Stuart and welcome to the site.
I cannot, unfortunately, help you with your problem but I just wanted to let you know that somebody will be along at some stage with their take on what you describe.
Since you are so uncomfortable, and have a history of this same problem, I personally would be trying to get an earlier appointment.

There could be a number of reasons for your urgency, I can't for a minute believe that the climbing harness isn't irritating something and causing pressure.

Try and get that appointment brought forward. Even though you are young at 43 the thought has probably passed through your mind regarding prostate cancer or you wouldn't be here.

See you doctor, ask for a PSA test to put your mind at rest.

Age is not a respecter of men as far as prostate cancer is concerned.

Hang in there until another member sees your post.
Best Wishes
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 16 Feb 2015 at 20:13
Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forum where you will get great support and advice. I am quite new to this and cannot give much advice but my husband also Stuart age 46 is going through test's at the moment for PC. All I can say is that you should try for a sooner appointment with the doctor and ask for a PSA test. Hopefully it will come back low but it will put your mind at ease to get answers.

Good luck

Trish

User
Posted 16 Feb 2015 at 23:38

Sounds like an over-active bladder to me, for which there are treatments. My husband had what you describe from the age of 35 but the tablets helped a lot and in the end they said his bladder muscles were like old leather they had been working so hard :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Mar 2015 at 20:14

Hi!

I would definitely just have a PSA test to be sure. But please try not to worry as there are so many other things it could be- I guess it;s human nature to think the worst. Just for peace of mind get it checked.

Wishing you all the best

x

'Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up'