Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Didnt see that coming

User
Posted 17 Feb 2015 at 08:13

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I'm 8 months post RP, I'm doing well and right on track they tell me, But whats really kncocked me for 6 is about of flu

it began last Friday (13th ? ) by Sunday I decided to call the 111 number, I was in a desperate state, fortunatley they arranged for me to see a doctor at my local ( Minor) hospital, quicker than seeing my local GP .... he prescribed anti- biotics as I'm asthmatic and my chest always suffers,

In the past few days I have never felt so ill, I had a flu jab in November too (wrong one grommit) the thought had entered my head that I survived the RP only to fall foul of the flu,  sods law Eh... but thankfully today there is a glimmer of hope I do feel a bit better.

take care out there and dont be afraid to seek medical help, earlier the better !

User
Posted 17 Feb 2015 at 09:24
Hi Titanic

I do believe there was some publicity that the flu jab that people have been given this year is only affective in 3% of cases as the strain is not the one expected, but glad you are feeling a bit better now.

You did worry me a bit when I saw your heading " didn't see that coming" with a name like Titanic lol.

Roy

Edited by member 17 Feb 2015 at 09:25  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Feb 2015 at 11:45

Roy L,

Unfortunatley I'm not one of the 3%, the Mrs has hardly sneezed with no flu jab , much to my shame

when I was first diagnosed that was a Titanic moment !  :-)

User
Posted 17 Feb 2015 at 15:12

Since the PCa diagnosis, my OH suffers really badly now with colds and flu and suchlike, infact it can last months and really gets him down.

I think that it is a result of an overall being run down/tired issue, plus taking all of the drugs (statins, bp and sleeping pills additional to the PCa stuff).....

Hope that you are feeling a bit better soon.

Alison

User
Posted 17 Feb 2015 at 15:30

Thanks for your kind words Alison...   :-)

User
Posted 17 Feb 2015 at 18:10
Sorry to hear that you were not within the 3% and hope you feel much better soon.

Best wishes.

User
Posted 17 Feb 2015 at 18:23

Thanks Riverweed, I've turned the corner  :-)