I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

peeing blood

User
Posted 04 Mar 2015 at 19:05

hi my dad is 87 has had prostate cancer for 3 years and is on hormone treatment psa level is now up to 8 and rising he also started a tablet which didnt work. his cancer was contained in prostate at start now dont know now he has a lot of blood in urine on sat he couldnt pee was took to hospital a catheter was put in and was sent home.told to keep it in for 2 weeks and told nothing else was put in a taxi and sent home what now.

User
Posted 04 Mar 2015 at 19:46

It may not be related to the Cancer. Did they test for a urinary tract infection which certainly needs elimination? Is he in any pain when he passes urine? GP would certainly test that and look at other causes. Hope you find a solution.

User
Posted 04 Mar 2015 at 19:57

I would make an appointment to see GP, if it were me. And then talk through any concerns and symptoms with the GP. Take another family member with me as well, and a notebook and a pen.

hope you sort it.

dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Mar 2015 at 19:46

It may not be related to the Cancer. Did they test for a urinary tract infection which certainly needs elimination? Is he in any pain when he passes urine? GP would certainly test that and look at other causes. Hope you find a solution.

User
Posted 04 Mar 2015 at 19:57

I would make an appointment to see GP, if it were me. And then talk through any concerns and symptoms with the GP. Take another family member with me as well, and a notebook and a pen.

hope you sort it.

dave