I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

The best news I could have hoped for

User
Posted 14 Mar 2015 at 10:10

I received a call from my consultant surgeon three weeks after Robotic Surgery (Robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy) to provide me with some news related to the post-operative analysis of my prostate, seminal vesicles and lymph nodes. He informed me that that cancer had not spread outside of the prostate and there was no cancer in the lymph nodes but did show some signs of spreading into the seminal vesicles, but the fact that they had all been removed during the surgery I was therefore clear of cancer. The sense of relief was obvious but it has taken some time to actually sink in. The next steps will be to regularly monitor my PSA level as there should be no significant reading. 

User
Posted 14 Mar 2015 at 16:49

Nice result!
Catch my virtual high five from Essex!
....don't leave me hanging.

All the best

Kevin

User
Posted 14 Mar 2015 at 16:59

Hi Cycle-Runner,

Really good news for you, and Wales just beat Ireland, more good news.  

Regarding the later PSA results, be prepared for some changes or fluctuations up and down and depending lon what lab does the tests how sensitive they test and what machine is used.  

But, what a good start to your weekend.

atb

dave

User
Posted 14 Mar 2015 at 17:10
Cycle runner
wonderful news I rejoice every time I read a post like yours

xx
Mo
User
Posted 14 Mar 2015 at 19:40
Great news, well done hope for everyone. Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 14 Mar 2015 at 20:01
Cycle runner

Great news, it is always reassuring to hear good news, hope the success continues

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 14 Mar 2015 at 21:51

Great news so far but I do hope the surgeon explained that the only way to know for sure that you are clear is if your PSA levels over the next couple of years stay nice and low. My husband didn't realise that and so it was a shock to him when his PSA crept up forcing him to have salvage HT/RT two years later.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 14 Mar 2015 at 22:47

nice to hear your good news ,Andy

User
Posted 15 Mar 2015 at 01:28

Great news...fingers crossed for a low PSA

Bri

User
Posted 15 Mar 2015 at 09:59
Hi Cycle-Runner,

That's fantastic news, you must be so relieved.

Always nice to read good news on this site.

Enjoy a great spring and summer, when it arrives!

Steve

User
Posted 15 Mar 2015 at 11:09

Very encouraging news for you so far Cycle Runner.....

Hopefully your ongoing post op PSA results will be low and remain that way...

Best Wishes

Luther

User
Posted 15 Mar 2015 at 13:06

Thank you Cycle runner it is so lovely to here your good news , it always gives us a lift when things go well.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON