I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I'm not a Psa geek but need reassurance

User
Posted 03 Apr 2015 at 04:19
Just got my latest result prior to Onco visit on Tuesday 7th April.

Yes I should be jumping for joy as it's so low but it's gone up from 0.15 in January and 0.14 three months previously

I've had RT & HDR brachy in Aug 2013 so RT still working and I'm on HT still.

What's next? Am I on a slippery slope? Or is this the Psa "bounce"? Not sure what sort of questions to ask my Onco so would appreciate any advice or share similar experiences

Thanks for reading.

Alan

User
Posted 03 Apr 2015 at 22:02

Hi Alan,

You must be disappointed that your PSA has been shown to have risen appreciably in your most recent test. It may be that this can be explained by your Onco who may want a further PSA test. Certainly, he/she being familiar with your case will be in the best position to advise and answer questions rather than for any of us here to speculate. Ask your Onco to help you understand where you are and the way forward as he/she sees it and of course any specific questions that occur to you.

Barry
User
Posted 03 Apr 2015 at 22:45

First question, was the blood tested at the same place and on the same machine, as this CAN make a difference,

But saying that it is still a rise that your Onco should answer next week, good luck.

Chris.

User
Posted 03 Apr 2015 at 22:56
Thanks Barry and Chris

I' m half expecting the onco's response to say that everything's normal, within range and nothing to be concerned about.

My glass is half empty at the moment but could be that I'm over stressing for no good reason

User
Posted 07 Apr 2015 at 21:23

As predicted the Onco is pleased with progress and will see me in 6 months with check on PSA and testosterone levels.With a G9 (4+5) T3 not out of the woods yet.

Still concerned at the rise so will definitely get my PSA checked in 3 months time - can't bear the added suspense.

Will get my next PSA done 1st thing in the morning before breakfast not sure why but trying to avoid any external factors as much as possible. Continuing to take pomegranate juice, and avoid dairy as much as possible.

To all who have helped me along the way on this site - thanks. Hope I can give back any good advice to those who might need it.

Alan

User
Posted 07 Apr 2015 at 22:42

Great news Alan :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard