I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Starting Cabazitaxel next week.. - Chemotherapy

User
Posted 14 Apr 2015 at 21:41

My hubby Jacques has been on Enzolutamide for 5 months. Previously on Abiraterone which had to be stopped after 2 months because of liver problems.

He was diagnosed initially over 6 years ago and was doing well until last year. when he had to have the first set of chemo.

Sadly now PSA has been rising over past 3/4 months despite the Enzo. Then he discovered a lump on his neck which after a scan has been diagnosed as further spread to lymph nodes here and under arm. He is also now suffering pain in his back again despite 2 weeks of radiotherapy for this earlier this year.

Next week he is starting a different chemo "Cabazitaxel" which I find a frightening prospect.

Any advise welcome..

User
Posted 15 Apr 2015 at 12:52
Hi so sorry the enz stopped working, this also happened to hubby. He is now having second line chemo Cabazataxel. I started a thread Journey with Cabazataxel begins. If you look at that thread you will see a few people who are having this treatment with their info. Sorry reply is a little short but I have limited wifi atm.

Love and luck to you x

User
Posted 15 Apr 2015 at 17:49

Hi sorry to hear the enz has stopped working my oh is on cabazitaxel just had first cycle I to have replied to mchjoy thread where we have discussed various thoughts ,different hospitals seem to offer the same treatments at different stages my oh has not had enz or abieratrone but gone straight on to this as they say he's strong and well enough !
Keep positive on this roller coaster x

User
Posted 15 Apr 2015 at 19:28
My husband,Tim, has just had his third cycle of cabazitaxel. He finds the first week he may not feel so good but the rest of the time he has felt so much better than he has felt for months. I think the enzalutamide had really zapped all his energy. He was on it for 18 months and found he had had less and less energy but since this chemo he has been doing so much more round the house and garden. His onco had said that this chemo had less side effects than docetaxel and he has found this true, he hasn't lost his hair, appetite etc.

Good luck with the chemo.

Linda

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 15 Apr 2015 at 12:52
Hi so sorry the enz stopped working, this also happened to hubby. He is now having second line chemo Cabazataxel. I started a thread Journey with Cabazataxel begins. If you look at that thread you will see a few people who are having this treatment with their info. Sorry reply is a little short but I have limited wifi atm.

Love and luck to you x

User
Posted 15 Apr 2015 at 17:49

Hi sorry to hear the enz has stopped working my oh is on cabazitaxel just had first cycle I to have replied to mchjoy thread where we have discussed various thoughts ,different hospitals seem to offer the same treatments at different stages my oh has not had enz or abieratrone but gone straight on to this as they say he's strong and well enough !
Keep positive on this roller coaster x

User
Posted 15 Apr 2015 at 19:28
My husband,Tim, has just had his third cycle of cabazitaxel. He finds the first week he may not feel so good but the rest of the time he has felt so much better than he has felt for months. I think the enzalutamide had really zapped all his energy. He was on it for 18 months and found he had had less and less energy but since this chemo he has been doing so much more round the house and garden. His onco had said that this chemo had less side effects than docetaxel and he has found this true, he hasn't lost his hair, appetite etc.

Good luck with the chemo.

Linda

User
Posted 19 Apr 2015 at 12:11

So good to read some positive news, thank you so much.

Jacques did ok on chemo previous, taking to his bed for about 6 days because he felt more comfortable and so tired.He recovered after about 2 weeks then the cycle started again which you all understand.  I was concerned more with this one as he seems so weakened before even starting. I think the waiting can often be more frightening that the event. Not having read about anyone else on this chemo until now so your comments are most welcome.