I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Sitting in the waiting room to find out biopsey results

User
Posted 22 Apr 2015 at 15:22
It's been a long time coming from the begining of March getting a PSA level of 15 to sitting here waiting to find out how the rest of my husbands life's going to pan out.

Fingers crossed and our best brave faces on we wait .....

User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 09:17

Hello Lonners and other half and welcome
Hope all went well yesterday.

If you need advice and help please just ask,on any subject

Best wishes
Sandra

PS I've just seen your reply on another post so I know you've had it confirmed that your husband has cancer.

Don't forget to look into downloading or requesting the Toolkit, available free from this site.

Go to the home page, then publications then scroll down.

It is a very helpful set of information

Edited by member 23 Apr 2015 at 09:21  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 12:16
Hi Lonners,

Sorry to hear your news, we will hear Biopsy results in 3 hours time.

Trish

User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 19:24
Hello Lonnie

I have seen your news, and I notice that you are only 37 too, I feel for you as I was 38 when hubbie diagnosed, and I had a baby on the way. I am 41 now.

This disease is awful for everyone, perhaps with a slightly different view from younger women with young children, but I am not suggesting any worse than for others.

There are a few of us wives on here facing these issues if you ever want to chat please let us know.

Alison x

User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 20:00
Hi Lonnie

Sorry to hear of your husbands confirmed cancer diagnosis though I'm happy for you that it is contained in prostate. Not sure what your plan of treatment is whether your husband can have surgery or not? I wish you well with your treatment plan.

Lesley xx

User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 20:21

What next Lonners?

It may have come as a bit of a shock, but it needs dealing with, at some stage, when it suits you both.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 09:19
Wow, I don't really think I have got my head around the way the threads work because I have only just found my replies. Very overwhelmed with all your kind comments. Thank you x

The Consultants team are meeting today to decide what to offer Paul but the nurse said possible surgery or hormone therapy followed by brachytherapy will be possible options.

Paul went to work the day after the results but was sent home.He was in shock I think and run down because after the biopsey he was stright back to work. He's not work mad,he started a new job last month so he's worried about that.

Last night he finally started to read the tool kit and then he put a diet plan together. He feels in control of the diet part so that's positive.

Pauls feeling gutted but I'm focused so keeping him together, it's knackering !

This web site has actually made me the focused person I hope I am. There are so many brave people on here just trying to still enjoy and live life.

User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 16:22

Lonners

I'm not sure how old your OH is, but my guess he is one of our younger diagnosed members. To stay positive will be harder for you both than it was for me as at 62. Reading the literature, and knowing that you have an early diagnosis and an excellent chance of a cure, will be a great help. All the best in the coming months as you decide on and undergo your treatment.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 17:55
Lonners

I am so sorry the results have shown that Paul has got PCa, now having gone through all the tests and waiting what seems ages you will find that the options Paul has put before him will require a lot of very careful thought and consideration. So discuss as much as you can with the medical team take lots of notes ask any questions you can think of. If you need some support from people here just ask and you will get it.

Thinking of you

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 25 Apr 2015 at 01:32

Lonners just want to wish you both well and add to the volume of support.

There are a few of us 'young' ones on here

Bri

User
Posted 25 Apr 2015 at 04:01

Lonners I also wish you well in your journey with Pc. It is not a journey that any of us would want. In my case I can truly thank the people on this site for making it so much more bearable. I can also say that when the treatment ends, as it most likely will in your case with the cancer detected early, you will hopefully be able to pick up the pieces and put this awful disease into the background and get on with your lives. Cheers Georgina

User
Posted 26 Apr 2015 at 19:29
Hi lonners

Just wanted to add my support to your battle, all the very best

George

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 08:43
I hope the results were favourable Lonners ... The forum was out last night for maintenance I think so some posts have slipped down the list. My post will bring you back up so that other people are aware we have a relatively new member to say hi to.

Best wishes

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 09:06

Hi Lonners,

I have only just seen your post and wanted to say Hi, I hope that yesterdays news was as good an outcome as possible .

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 09:17

Hello Lonners and other half and welcome
Hope all went well yesterday.

If you need advice and help please just ask,on any subject

Best wishes
Sandra

PS I've just seen your reply on another post so I know you've had it confirmed that your husband has cancer.

Don't forget to look into downloading or requesting the Toolkit, available free from this site.

Go to the home page, then publications then scroll down.

It is a very helpful set of information

Edited by member 23 Apr 2015 at 09:21  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 12:16
Hi Lonners,

Sorry to hear your news, we will hear Biopsy results in 3 hours time.

Trish

User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 19:24
Hello Lonnie

I have seen your news, and I notice that you are only 37 too, I feel for you as I was 38 when hubbie diagnosed, and I had a baby on the way. I am 41 now.

This disease is awful for everyone, perhaps with a slightly different view from younger women with young children, but I am not suggesting any worse than for others.

There are a few of us wives on here facing these issues if you ever want to chat please let us know.

Alison x

User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 20:00
Hi Lonnie

Sorry to hear of your husbands confirmed cancer diagnosis though I'm happy for you that it is contained in prostate. Not sure what your plan of treatment is whether your husband can have surgery or not? I wish you well with your treatment plan.

Lesley xx

User
Posted 23 Apr 2015 at 20:21

What next Lonners?

It may have come as a bit of a shock, but it needs dealing with, at some stage, when it suits you both.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 09:19
Wow, I don't really think I have got my head around the way the threads work because I have only just found my replies. Very overwhelmed with all your kind comments. Thank you x

The Consultants team are meeting today to decide what to offer Paul but the nurse said possible surgery or hormone therapy followed by brachytherapy will be possible options.

Paul went to work the day after the results but was sent home.He was in shock I think and run down because after the biopsey he was stright back to work. He's not work mad,he started a new job last month so he's worried about that.

Last night he finally started to read the tool kit and then he put a diet plan together. He feels in control of the diet part so that's positive.

Pauls feeling gutted but I'm focused so keeping him together, it's knackering !

This web site has actually made me the focused person I hope I am. There are so many brave people on here just trying to still enjoy and live life.

User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 16:22

Lonners

I'm not sure how old your OH is, but my guess he is one of our younger diagnosed members. To stay positive will be harder for you both than it was for me as at 62. Reading the literature, and knowing that you have an early diagnosis and an excellent chance of a cure, will be a great help. All the best in the coming months as you decide on and undergo your treatment.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 17:55
Lonners

I am so sorry the results have shown that Paul has got PCa, now having gone through all the tests and waiting what seems ages you will find that the options Paul has put before him will require a lot of very careful thought and consideration. So discuss as much as you can with the medical team take lots of notes ask any questions you can think of. If you need some support from people here just ask and you will get it.

Thinking of you

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 25 Apr 2015 at 01:32

Lonners just want to wish you both well and add to the volume of support.

There are a few of us 'young' ones on here

Bri

User
Posted 25 Apr 2015 at 04:01

Lonners I also wish you well in your journey with Pc. It is not a journey that any of us would want. In my case I can truly thank the people on this site for making it so much more bearable. I can also say that when the treatment ends, as it most likely will in your case with the cancer detected early, you will hopefully be able to pick up the pieces and put this awful disease into the background and get on with your lives. Cheers Georgina

User
Posted 26 Apr 2015 at 19:29
Hi lonners

Just wanted to add my support to your battle, all the very best

George