Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

constant headache

User
Posted 05 May 2015 at 05:34

hi all

seems abit insignificant compared to what a lot are going through and for what I have to come, still awaiting results from bone and mri scan so still do not as yet what treatment I will need.

But since my MRI or it may just be coincidence but have a constant pain top of my head sometimes in my jaw, aches more when I rub my head it doesnt feel like it is in my head more like the skull, just wondered if anyone else had this feeling, I have been putting it down to being stressed

thanks for being their

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 05 May 2015 at 15:10
Hi there

I know you are still waiting for all the tests/results to be in. Have you been started on any medication at all or are you taking anything new unrelated to PCa that might give headaches as a side effect?

MRI scans are quite difficult for some people, I have heard others complaining of severe headaches for a week or so afterwards. It is a claustrophobic environment to say the least

As you say yourself these could be tension headaches, waiting for tests and results can be very stressful I know.

If they do not ease off soon have a chat with your GP just in case.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 05 May 2015 at 17:40

John had this problem but a visit to the dentist many months later solved the mystery. He must have been clenching his jaw and grinding his teeth due to the stress and this was apparent in the wearing down of his back teeth which was apparently quite noticeable to the dentist. She said this teeth clenching was the most likely cause of the headaches. His chiropractor, on the other hand, thought the headaches were most likely caused by the tension in his neck & shoulders ... again, entirely stress related.

If you take all your tablets to the pharmacist, they will tell you whether any would cause your problem.

I hope you get it sorted out soon.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard