I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

a funny thing happened today

User
Posted 10 May 2015 at 04:40

or should it be yesterday, just thought I would share it, whilst talking to urologist about my results and where we will go from here, we discussed about being in good shape for possable stampede trials, I mentioned that I had run london marathon, the look on his face was priceless and his comment of 'what the whole 26 miles', which I had a photo it would make you laugh

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 10 May 2015 at 04:40

or should it be yesterday, just thought I would share it, whilst talking to urologist about my results and where we will go from here, we discussed about being in good shape for possable stampede trials, I mentioned that I had run london marathon, the look on his face was priceless and his comment of 'what the whole 26 miles', which I had a photo it would make you laugh

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 12 May 2015 at 06:37
What you have both done recently like me shows you don't have to give up no matter what. All along my consultant said "you can run a marathon if you can train for it " with a smile on his face. When I told him I had done 2 in 2 weeks he was gobsmacked. Then I told him my running plans moving forwards at first he was going to challenge me but thought better of it , indicated I was mad, but said that staying uber fit was a reason why I had done so well on the chemo.

My running mantra is like part of my wedding vows, " for richer or poorer, for better or worse, in sickess and health until death do us part" . I look forward to reading about yours and others achievements for many years to come.

As far as I am concerned if someone puts on some trainers and runs 1k in 12 minutes stopping 5 times along the way that makes them a runner, much as I like distances I have so much respect for anyone having a go, even more if with our or any other disease/injury.

Keep on running, hope we can do a race together one day ( there's a thought, we should plan a central one for a few months time, what do you think?).

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 11 May 2015 at 19:59

Priceless BR.

When's your next run.

User
Posted 12 May 2015 at 06:37
What you have both done recently like me shows you don't have to give up no matter what. All along my consultant said "you can run a marathon if you can train for it " with a smile on his face. When I told him I had done 2 in 2 weeks he was gobsmacked. Then I told him my running plans moving forwards at first he was going to challenge me but thought better of it , indicated I was mad, but said that staying uber fit was a reason why I had done so well on the chemo.

My running mantra is like part of my wedding vows, " for richer or poorer, for better or worse, in sickess and health until death do us part" . I look forward to reading about yours and others achievements for many years to come.

As far as I am concerned if someone puts on some trainers and runs 1k in 12 minutes stopping 5 times along the way that makes them a runner, much as I like distances I have so much respect for anyone having a go, even more if with our or any other disease/injury.

Keep on running, hope we can do a race together one day ( there's a thought, we should plan a central one for a few months time, what do you think?).

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019