I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Chris J's Journey

User
Posted 30 May 2019 at 13:18

That’s brilliant news Chris . You are listening to your body ( and mind ) to make these decisions and I am in awe of your courage.

I know I’ve been lucky with the Prostap regarding physical affects but I have to say I hate what it’s done to my mind ☹️.

if I were you I’d stay off as long as you can. 

Sone of us seem to be more prone to the mental issues with HT. Mine possibly because of my childhood and for others I can’t say but I would be wary because of your existing Bipolar. 

Hope you’ve had those glasses of wine 🍷 🍷....you certainly deserve it.

best of luck for the future.

Phil

User
Posted 02 Jun 2019 at 19:44
Thanks all for replies. Yes I’m a lot perplexed. I genuinely got back from cruise expecting the worse and HT and Chemo start over summer which I think I would have refused. Truth is I’ve not even been offered any other treatment than SRT which I’ve been told is highly unlikely to be successful. He won’t treat something he can’t see. He’s always said that. If it was in my pelvis it would be the size of a tangerine. I’m an utter classic case of oligo mets. All over my body probably but nothing solid yet. I know it’s coming but I don’t think I’ll ever have regrets now I’ve enjoyed totally normal life for 2 yrs. It’s my 52nd Birthday Friday and four years post op on the 15th. Yes the worry never goes away ever , but I’ve booked another cruise end August and just hope nothing crops up in the meantime. Stay well all x

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade