I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

MRI/CT Scan frequency

User
Posted 08 Jun 2015 at 22:18

I've just had a review meeting with my Onco.

I'm 5 months since start of HT (prostap) plus Stampede trial with Abiraterone and enzalutomide.

My PSA is now down to 0.07 from 235.

Being an inquisitive person and because the PCa has spread to my left hip I've asked on 3 occasions when I would next have a scan to see what's happening. 

The answer I get is that its not necessary since such a large drop in PSA gives them sufficient confidence that nothing is happening.

If anyone has any similar experiences or comments I'd appreciate anything, it just makes me unconfortable that I have no monitor other than PSA.

Paul

User
Posted 09 Jun 2015 at 01:09

You probably won't get another scan unless and until your PSA is rising rapidly and treatment options seem to be failing. See Yorkhull's recent post - he has been trying to get a new scan for ages and is a few years ahead of you :-(

If you want more than just PSA monitoring, you could ask your GP or nurse to add a Testosterone test and ALP to your regular bloods - the testosterone test will reassure you that the HT is working correctly and ALP gives some good indication of what's going on with your bones

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Jun 2015 at 06:54

Thank you Lynne I'll do that.
I'm not sure I know what an ALP test is (I thought it was alkaline phosphatase test for liver function?)

Paul