Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
12>

great support from employer

User
Posted 19 Jun 2015 at 21:23

at a tough time in our lives when everything hits rock bottom, I would just like to thank my employer for the support they are giving and offering me.

one of my main bosss been to see me to ask what they can do for me, as they are really impressed that I am still attending work with what is happening in my life

been told that as and when I wish to cut my working week to 4 days I will still be paid for 5 days.

if I feel the need to go part time then that can be arranged

whenever I awake in a morning and feel crap and cant face work, just to ring my control and things will be sorted to cover my shift

am running the leeds 10k in july, and they have offered to set up a justgiving site and will email all staff about this, I have provided some info on myself for said email

we have discussed the side affects of my treatment and are putting in place whatever they can to help, been informed whenever I get overwhelmed to shut up shop whilst I compose myself

they have said with me being so open and informative on what is happening to me it helps make their ability to help me easier, going to arrange appoitment to talk to company councilors about my anxieties, to see what they can suggest to help

already had one bad session at work and boss stopped all he was doing to come and be with me

you might think why dont I just go off sick

well for one I love my job

would go mental at home all day as wife works

and I know somewhere in the future will have to but I will be damned if that future is now

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 27 Jun 2015 at 05:40

just opened up my FB account and thats another 14 men united badges sold.

and overnight the justgiving upto £190.00. + £47.00 gift aid = £237.00

not bad for day onenidge

nidge

Edited by member 27 Jun 2015 at 05:44  | Reason: Not specified

run long and prosper

User
Posted 19 Jun 2015 at 21:23

at a tough time in our lives when everything hits rock bottom, I would just like to thank my employer for the support they are giving and offering me.

one of my main bosss been to see me to ask what they can do for me, as they are really impressed that I am still attending work with what is happening in my life

been told that as and when I wish to cut my working week to 4 days I will still be paid for 5 days.

if I feel the need to go part time then that can be arranged

whenever I awake in a morning and feel crap and cant face work, just to ring my control and things will be sorted to cover my shift

am running the leeds 10k in july, and they have offered to set up a justgiving site and will email all staff about this, I have provided some info on myself for said email

we have discussed the side affects of my treatment and are putting in place whatever they can to help, been informed whenever I get overwhelmed to shut up shop whilst I compose myself

they have said with me being so open and informative on what is happening to me it helps make their ability to help me easier, going to arrange appoitment to talk to company councilors about my anxieties, to see what they can suggest to help

already had one bad session at work and boss stopped all he was doing to come and be with me

you might think why dont I just go off sick

well for one I love my job

would go mental at home all day as wife works

and I know somewhere in the future will have to but I will be damned if that future is now

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 26 Jun 2015 at 19:29

Hi BR,

It is really lovely to read about your employer supporting you, and the fact that you recognise and appreciate this action, and your desire to stay at work as much as you can. If you didn't go to work you may end up focusing and morbidalising and that would not be healthy.

have a great weekend, and keep on running.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 26 Jun 2015 at 19:31

That's excellent progress bladerunner and do you know why?

Because you are beacon to your fellow workers. Because you are a doer and not a moaner. They respect you and want to help in any way they can and if that means giving money/buying badges, then that's what they'll do.

You've brought PC to their attention and you have/are making people aware of this condition.

I bet there are a lot of men where you work or husbands talked into it by their wives, who have been checked because of you.

Well done
Best Wishes
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 16 Jul 2015 at 05:33

morning peeps

the site has hit £710.00

been trying to order another box of badges as running out again, this will be the 5th one do you think they know its me and have run out of badges and they dont want to tell me http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif 

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 07 Aug 2015 at 19:25

mo

we are twins http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

nidge

run long and prosper

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Jun 2015 at 08:53

That is brilliant Bladerunner and just the work support you need.

What lovely caring people.
But then, it must be because you are a very valued and much respected/admired employee.

The just giving idea is excellent. I'm sure you'll raise lots of money, apart from which you are doing a fantastic job of profiling Prostate Cancer.

Well done

Best Wishes
Sandra

Edited by member 20 Jun 2015 at 12:54  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Jun 2015 at 09:11
Nidge

That is music to my ears how wonderful to have employers who care.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 20 Jun 2015 at 10:43

It sounds like you have a really understanding employer and boss which, as you say, can make all the difference when you are on the emotional and physical rollercoaster ride that follows a PCA diagnosis and treatment. I think you make an important point about talking - your ability to be open an honest about your feelings has clearly helped them to understand how best to provide support.....admittedly not all employers would have responded in the same way that yours has but as you haven't kept it all in you have at least given them a chance to rally around and consider how they can help.

Some of us may think that being this open is a risk as you just don't know how people will react but I think you have proved that sometimes it's worth taking people in to your confidence especially when coping with all of this on your own simply isn't an option.

All the best.

User
Posted 25 Jun 2015 at 10:46

just spoken with my boss

am being allowed to sell the men united badges at work, so have just ordered a box, will let you know how this goes

also as they know I would like to attend work as much as possable when my treatment starts in sept, they will provide staff to work with me and also if I need one they will get me a lounger/bed set up in mess room so that if I need a lay down then I can

Edited by member 25 Jun 2015 at 20:17  | Reason: Not specified

run long and prosper

User
Posted 25 Jun 2015 at 11:32

Well done for organising that Bladerunner. Brilliant idea

User
Posted 26 Jun 2015 at 18:13

got pin badges sold 10 already, also the justgiving site sent out to all employees in first 2 hrs reached £170.00 plus the tax relief.

run long and prosper

User
Posted 26 Jun 2015 at 19:29

Hi BR,

It is really lovely to read about your employer supporting you, and the fact that you recognise and appreciate this action, and your desire to stay at work as much as you can. If you didn't go to work you may end up focusing and morbidalising and that would not be healthy.

have a great weekend, and keep on running.

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 26 Jun 2015 at 19:31

That's excellent progress bladerunner and do you know why?

Because you are beacon to your fellow workers. Because you are a doer and not a moaner. They respect you and want to help in any way they can and if that means giving money/buying badges, then that's what they'll do.

You've brought PC to their attention and you have/are making people aware of this condition.

I bet there are a lot of men where you work or husbands talked into it by their wives, who have been checked because of you.

Well done
Best Wishes
Sandra

User
Posted 26 Jun 2015 at 19:44

sandra funny you should say that I know off at least two who have been sent to drs by their better half

run long and prosper

User
Posted 26 Jun 2015 at 19:57

this is a link to my justgiving site I am not touting for donations just want you to have a read on what I have said, and give me feed back on if you think I need to add owt or remove owt

https://www.justgiving.com/nigelworksop/

run long and prosper

User
Posted 27 Jun 2015 at 05:40

just opened up my FB account and thats another 14 men united badges sold.

and overnight the justgiving upto £190.00. + £47.00 gift aid = £237.00

not bad for day onenidge

nidge

Edited by member 27 Jun 2015 at 05:44  | Reason: Not specified

run long and prosper

User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 08:16

had to order another box of pin badges, sold out of the ones I received on Friday last week.

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 09:00

Wow, that's moved quickly on the just giving page. It was up to £210 when I looked yesterday.
Good news on the pins.
Apart from the money raised, every pin sold and (hopefully) worn, will generate interest and thought and prompt a few more men to be proactive and get checked.

Well done nidge

Best Wishes
Sandra

User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 20:12

well now at £277.50p also found out today that my employer will match upto £500.00

nidge

Edited by member 30 Jun 2015 at 20:13  | Reason: Not specified

run long and prosper

User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 21:38

13 days to go Nidge, how is the prep going?

I read that it is a faster course than previous years, so you may get a PB?

You are up to £300 now. :-)

atb

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 30 Jun 2015 at 23:43

Hi Nidge,

Really pleased you have so much support from your employer and fellow employees. 

Keep up the good work increasing the awareness of PCa and fundraising. You're doing a great job.

Hope you have a great run in the 10k, it will be so much easier knowing everyone is routing for you to do well.

I'm sure your determination with help you in your fight against PCa.

Best Wishes,

Steve

User
Posted 01 Jul 2015 at 05:18

yeha countryboy thanks, it will be a pb on this course first time I will have run it, have never felt so motivated or proud to be looking forward to a 10k

training is going better than it was thanks to the zoladex, cant get over how much better I feel with this instead of prostap

am planning already for sept 2016 to run the first ever half marathon at euro-disney

http://run.disneylandparis.com/event/inaugural-disneyland%C2%AE-paris-half-marathon

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 01 Jul 2015 at 05:58
Nidge

Hope you get a pb on the road at Leeds and on your justgiving page. The total is moving up steadily.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 01 Jul 2015 at 07:45

yep really looking forward to it

off out tonight to run in 4.5 mile trail race it could be a tad warm

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 01 Jul 2015 at 09:13
Hi Nidge,

Hope you take it easy in the heat this evening. Running in heat can really take in out of you.

I'm really up for running the Disneyland Paris next year, health permitting. Sounds really interesting and something to look forward to. My family would love it too!

I'm hopefully, doing the Reading Half next year but concerned that my cardiac consultant said he may want me to have a bypass operation after Christmas. That would mean 12 weeks off work so I hope I can get away with not having it.

I have the men's Race for Life on the 26th of this month so hopefully I can get rid of my calf injury by then.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Take care.

Steve

Edited by member 01 Jul 2015 at 09:27  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Jul 2015 at 12:17

know all about calf problems my was caused with my right leg being shorter than my left have a wedge in my running shoes now

run long and prosper

User
Posted 02 Jul 2015 at 04:13

well that was the hardest 4.4 miles I ever run, well run and walked, but its a new record running on the hottest july day ever recorded, and the hills dont forget the hills, thought I needed an oxygen mask. great support from fellow collegues and friends, just love this running community

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 02 Jul 2015 at 07:55
Well done Nidge,

Steve

User
Posted 02 Jul 2015 at 11:17

Glad you made it nidge. You're mad - but I'm glad you did it and have that satisfaction.

All the best

Sandra

User
Posted 03 Jul 2015 at 21:04

Race day the 12 July is only 9 days away.

The donations stand at £380, so £760 when you add up Nidge's employers contribution top up.

A substantial amount, and for every additional pound put in up to the £500 mark, it is doubled, thank you his great employer.

Run Nidge Run.

atb

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 04 Jul 2015 at 05:41

and ordered my third bag of men utd badges

run long and prosper

User
Posted 04 Jul 2015 at 09:41
Going great Nidge

I hope you get to your target £500 from folks like us and £500 from your employers.

I know you will ace it

Hope the Leeds course takes you past Jimmy's and the LGI so the medics can come out and cheer you along too.

I am amazed you managed to train the other night in all that heat.

Hope conditions Are more favourable on the day !!

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 04 Jul 2015 at 11:16

been and run the park run at clumber today its 3.1 miles thats 5k, avg 8.36 min mileing not got a clue where that came from and even able to talk whilst running, so looking good for leeds 10k should crack sub 55mins

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 04 Jul 2015 at 13:41

Well done nidge.

I still think you're mad running in these temps but somebody has to do it. !!  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Well done.

All the best

Sandra

Edited by member 04 Jul 2015 at 13:42  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 Jul 2015 at 16:17

Nice one Nidge, I was going to do the Park Run at Doncaster this morning but went to the gym instead as my ankle had a twinge (ongoing problem) and didn't want to risk stopping on my first run with them lol...ended up doing a steady 5k on the treadmill as it turned out but can feel it on the ankle now

Bri

User
Posted 04 Jul 2015 at 18:22
Hi Nidge,

Good preparation for next weekend.

I've often photographed park runs but have never run one myself. They're a great idea though. I will when I'm a bit fitter. I'm feeling very tired, most of the time, at the moment.

Hope you have a good week this week so you're in peak condition for next weekend.

Steve

User
Posted 06 Jul 2015 at 09:39

question for any of you drinkers, as a non alcoholic person, I need a bit of advice, the boss who has been looking after me likes RUM, anyone got any suggestions on a good quality RUM, as I would like to purchase a bottle for him

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 06 Jul 2015 at 10:08

wow past the 400 pound mark at £420.00 can not believe it

waiting for my third box only 6 badges left from box 2

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 06 Jul 2015 at 10:33
Nidge you are doing great ..I am confident you will make your target.

I don't drink rum myself but you need to be aware there are 2 very different types white rum like bacardi and dark rum like captain Morgan.

If it is the dark rum he likes then one of the old merchant seaman favourites is called Woods Navy rum.

Captain Morgan is another good brand but watch out as they also do a spiced variety.

Best wishes

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 06 Jul 2015 at 10:48

thanks mo

am aware of the two types, especially the Bacardi that's why I don't drink, but that's another story

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 11 Jul 2015 at 11:57

well the justgiving is at £610.00 fantastic

nearly at end of box 3 of pin badges 13 left of these once these have gone that will 150 sold

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 05:54

morning peeps

up and getting ready to go to leeds

site is at £665.00 pounds, so £66.50p per kilometre run

weather is forecast cloudy and 17 degrees, so really good for the run, expecting about 55minutes to complete,

let you all know later

nidge

Edited by member 12 Jul 2015 at 05:55  | Reason: Not specified

run long and prosper

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 08:06
Nidge,

Hope the run goes really well for you today. Good Luck.

Steve

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 08:51

Good luck Nidge.
Hope you achieve all you set out to do, in fact I'm sure you'll far exceed that.
Johsan

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 12:37

todays leeds 10k

51min 47secs

total raised £675.00

fantastic all round really enjoyed it today

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 13:37
Well done on the run Nidge👏👏👏
User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 14:08
Good time Nidge and a great sum of money raised so you should be very proud of yourself.

well done you

xx

Mo

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 14:08

Well done mate and cracking time

Bri

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 14:25

Well done Nigel, good time and a nice sum raised. Does that include your employer's top up?

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 15:10

thats what the justgiving site raised

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 15:10

Well done Nidge.

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 15:54
Fantastic performance, Nidge and a great time. You should be proud of yourself.

Steve

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 18:37

Crikes Nidge excellent. And good running weather I think. Hip hip hooray
Chris

User
Posted 12 Jul 2015 at 21:28

Nidge
That's a good time and certainly an excellent pot of money raised. Well done

Paul

Edited by member 20 Jul 2015 at 22:27  | Reason: Not specified