I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

RT/HT Progress Report

User
Posted 26 Jun 2015 at 20:32
4 weeks after end of 20 RT sessions, and recently had second of 4 three monthly jags of Decapeptyl. PSA now 0.2, down from 20.2 at diagnosis last December. Feeling very optimistic. Full lurid details on my Profile. I hope this gives encouragement to others who are earlier on in the process.
User
Posted 26 Jun 2015 at 20:32
4 weeks after end of 20 RT sessions, and recently had second of 4 three monthly jags of Decapeptyl. PSA now 0.2, down from 20.2 at diagnosis last December. Feeling very optimistic. Full lurid details on my Profile. I hope this gives encouragement to others who are earlier on in the process.
User
Posted 27 Jun 2015 at 10:40

Good luck with the rest of the treatment Hugh. Continue with that optimism. Well done on the reduction of PSA. Brilliant news

All the best

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 27 Jun 2015 at 11:49
Hi Hugh

Great result and happy for you. Enjoyed reading your profile. Stay strong

Chris

User
Posted 27 Jun 2015 at 13:32

Hi Hugh

Good news, keep that going. Looking forward to you joining the increasing RT/HT 10 year plus club in circa 9.5 years – you can do it

Ray

User
Posted 27 Jun 2015 at 16:08

Great to hear. I get my third and hopefully last dose of Decapeptyl on Monday, my PSA was down to 0.5 after week 1 of the RT (ended mid Apr) but don't know what it was at the end of it. Due an MRI mid Aug to confirm.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2015 at 02:11

Hello Hugh. Thank you for your informative post, I start RT (20 shots) in a couple of days and you've taken some of my worries away. I wish you well for the future and I'm sure you'll have it beat! Ralph

User
Posted 25 Oct 2015 at 22:24

Hugh I had the 4 week version of RT 10 years ago, thus far I've had no blood in bowel issues. However certainty mention it to your onco but don't be unduly concerned as some RT guys do.

Ray

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Jun 2015 at 10:40

Good luck with the rest of the treatment Hugh. Continue with that optimism. Well done on the reduction of PSA. Brilliant news

All the best

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 27 Jun 2015 at 11:49
Hi Hugh

Great result and happy for you. Enjoyed reading your profile. Stay strong

Chris

User
Posted 27 Jun 2015 at 13:32

Hi Hugh

Good news, keep that going. Looking forward to you joining the increasing RT/HT 10 year plus club in circa 9.5 years – you can do it

Ray

User
Posted 27 Jun 2015 at 16:08

Great to hear. I get my third and hopefully last dose of Decapeptyl on Monday, my PSA was down to 0.5 after week 1 of the RT (ended mid Apr) but don't know what it was at the end of it. Due an MRI mid Aug to confirm.

User
Posted 21 Sep 2015 at 02:11

Hello Hugh. Thank you for your informative post, I start RT (20 shots) in a couple of days and you've taken some of my worries away. I wish you well for the future and I'm sure you'll have it beat! Ralph

User
Posted 25 Oct 2015 at 21:31
One concern has arisen, a question for the Oncologist when I see her this week - in last couple of weeks (6months since end of RT) sometimes see blood in bowel movement / toilet paper.
User
Posted 25 Oct 2015 at 22:24

Hugh I had the 4 week version of RT 10 years ago, thus far I've had no blood in bowel issues. However certainty mention it to your onco but don't be unduly concerned as some RT guys do.

Ray

User
Posted 28 Oct 2015 at 21:09
Hi Hugh

Read your post with interest, I am going to see surgeon tomorrow with regards removal of prostate.

I met the consultant on Tuesday who told me that surgery probably couldn't be possible due to my grade G9 PSA 31 T3b and aggressive cancer protruding out the capsule.

Had originally settled for surgery but after Tuesdays meeting changed my mind to HT/RT.

But got call from surgeon to speak to him tomorrow, Totally confused again.

Your post helped me to think more about HT/RT as the best way forward.

Was told by consultant that I would probably need RT after surgery anyway due the risk of a positive margin.

But like I said the surgeon has now put me in a tailspin again.

Look forward to more of your posts.

Sandy