Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Blood in his urine after the catheter has been removed

User
Posted 05 Jul 2015 at 10:18
Hi everyone

Lots has happened since I was last here, Paul had surgery and it seems to have gone well, his catheter was took out a week ago tomorrow. He's doing well with the leaking aspect of it some drips but that's to be expected.

Anyway back to my question.... Yesterday he had a wee and it had blood in it not lots but enough for him to be bothered by it and there seems to be tiny drops still today.. Is that normal so soon after the catheter or is it something we need to seek medical advice about ??

Any advice would be great

Thanks xxx

User
Posted 05 Jul 2015 at 13:19

I'm 12 days post op. Still get blood here and there. I guess it's scabs coming loose and associated bleeding. One day I had 2 horrendous wees with blood and clots and everything , but it's cleared up. Hope this helps. I think if you have really red fresh blood then u should panic

User
Posted 05 Jul 2015 at 17:12
Lonners

As always get it checked by your team, it is not uncommon but there can be several reasons. Put "blood in urine" into the search option and you will see a variety of causes,

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 05 Jul 2015 at 17:56

Hi Lonners,

Sounds like some clots breaking away (small threads and larger lumps). Could be a urine infection though, so yes, visit your GP. Both common after RALP. Keep drinking plenty of fluids to "wash everything through".

Flexi

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Jul 2015 at 13:19

I'm 12 days post op. Still get blood here and there. I guess it's scabs coming loose and associated bleeding. One day I had 2 horrendous wees with blood and clots and everything , but it's cleared up. Hope this helps. I think if you have really red fresh blood then u should panic

User
Posted 05 Jul 2015 at 17:12
Lonners

As always get it checked by your team, it is not uncommon but there can be several reasons. Put "blood in urine" into the search option and you will see a variety of causes,

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 05 Jul 2015 at 17:19
Thanks for that always good to know how others are getting along and if experiences are similar.

Pauls agreed to visit the GP for a check up tomorrow to to rule out a water infection.

Hope you continue to do well

Thanks x😀

User
Posted 05 Jul 2015 at 17:56

Hi Lonners,

Sounds like some clots breaking away (small threads and larger lumps). Could be a urine infection though, so yes, visit your GP. Both common after RALP. Keep drinking plenty of fluids to "wash everything through".

Flexi