I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Gynecomastia

User
Posted 15 Jul 2015 at 17:51

I take 150mg bicalutamide every day. Choice was made over the injections because I get far fewer hot flushes and I still have a sex life! This was zero on the injections. I also feel generally a lot better and less fatigued. However, I am suffering gynecomastia which is known to be worse with bicalutamide. I tried tamoxifen but this knocked my libido down to zero and all I can say is I felt most peculiar so I came off that. Was told a very few men react badly to tamoxifen.

I think I am too late for RT but I wondered if anyone has actually had surgery for breast reduction? My issue is that I like swimming but have got to the stage of feeling embarrassed to display my chest.

User
Posted 17 Jul 2015 at 21:05

P

Use the search facility and search for "breast surgery for gynecomastia". The post started a couple of years ago and may help, also the reply will push the message to the top again, messages sometimes get missed.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 17 Jul 2015 at 22:38
I have asked my hubby if he'd like a reduction op as his so called moobs are ridiculous and he cannot wear t shirts and certainly would not show his chest off. His got worse with three months of bicalutimide but went really crazy with stillbestroll. I think he would like the op but who would sanction it for cosmetic reasons. It's just horrible for him and adds insult to injury,

Hope yours aren't as bad.

Best wishes

Devonmaid