I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

RADIOTHERAPY BEGINS

User
Posted 16 Jul 2015 at 00:21
Danny had the first of 19 radiotherapy treatments today. The trickiest part of the proceedings so far is getting his bowels to empty before the treatment. He used to be regular as clockwork, the first coffee of the morning being the catalyst, but since the hormone treatment his system is not working as well.

It looks like treatment will be at various times in the day too so has anyone got any suggestions on how to evacuate on demand?

User
Posted 16 Jul 2015 at 05:55
Hi Peggy, I was given self enema's to use which did the trick so ask if Danny can have those prescribed. They work a treat.

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 16 Jul 2015 at 10:07
The hospital where I had my radiotherapy prescribed them for me - they work very quickly - I run seems appropriate!

Arthur

User
Posted 16 Jul 2015 at 11:50
Hi,

I had 19 RT sessions and should have asked about enemas because I was never quite sure if my bowel was empty especially with my appointments being at different times of the day.

Hope things go well for Danny. My RT seems to have worked ok so far.

Best Wishes,

Steve

User
Posted 16 Jul 2015 at 13:07
Cheers chaps. Day 2 today. We shall definitely ask about these little helpers. It does seem a bit random requesting a bowel movement to order. At first Danny thought it was the same time each day, but 3 days 3 different times so no chance.

It is good to hear of positive results from the treatment. Thanks very much.