I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Erections - good news!

User
Posted 22 Jul 2015 at 21:47
I had my RP on July 11 2014 followed by 33 sessions of RT ending in mid March this year. I was told by the oncologist before the RT that I would be very unlikely to get a natural erection after this.

I've had success with the Muse applicator and the vacuum pump but one year exactly from the RP, I had a normal erection!! It had to be worked on to achieve it, but there it was none the less. it doesn't work every time yet, but I'm optimistic it will - so you never know!

User
Posted 22 Jul 2015 at 22:57
fabulous news

and so good of you to share, so many men really are in despair that this will happen after a month or two so for you to have this first natural event after 12 months has to be encouraging, If it happens once it can happen again and again the most important thing is to keep using it. Those nerves and blood vessels that feed the penile tissue need to be utilised and made to work as often as you can.

you know the phrase well enough by now ...use it or lose it

best wishes

xx

Mo

User
Posted 23 Jul 2015 at 07:56

Very pleased for you gregoryg (and your partner of course!)

Long may it continue.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 23 Jul 2015 at 09:21

GregoryG,

Onwards and upwards!

Flexi

User
Posted 23 Jul 2015 at 09:54

Excellent news -- and a year flies by at this age doesn't it . Thanks for the encouragement
Chris

User
Posted 23 Jul 2015 at 10:08

Excellent news - onwards and upwards from now on!!

Dave

Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08

ED ever since

Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London

http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

User
Posted 23 Jul 2015 at 22:22
G

Firstly well done.

Someone asked on another post if regained erections were only between 0 & 70 percent, any comments ?

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 23 Jul 2015 at 23:22

Great news for you and your partner Gregory. If it can happen once it can happen again, and again!

With regard to recovery as a % measured against what any man had before, there is no set answer, it varies from man to man and also with occasion and the circumstances.

Sometimes it will be less than before and then sometimes it will be amazing, just like before the op. Just hope that when it is amazing you have the right company and can use it!

atb

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 09:03

I am sure I posted a WELL DONE a couple of days ago.

It's not there so here's another - WELL DONE - all good news on here is most welcome!

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.