I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Personal message errors

User
Posted 23 Jul 2015 at 19:48
Is anyone else getting 404 page not found errors when trying to reply to a personal message?

I have tried 3 times to send a reply and 3 times I have had the error.

I am going to try sending a new message instead of a reply to see if that might work. Frustrating when someone is asking for some help!

My message box is nowhere near full and the person I am sending to must be set up or they would not be able to send me a message!

Ho Hum

Mo

User
Posted 23 Jul 2015 at 23:37
Just tried again, this time a test message to someone who I Pm regularly and still the 404 error.

Sadie if you are seeing this tomorrow can you check it out.

User
Posted 23 Jul 2015 at 23:50
Ok so every time I reply to a message or create a new one and hit send I get the 404 error.

If I check my sent messages NADA then an hour or so later I get them all appear.

So Healey I apologise profusely I am not trying to message bomb you, honest guv it is the forum not me.

Anyone else thinking I have turned into a bunny boiler I promise I have not ...who killed roger rabbit?

I have reported the issue to Sadie and any PMs I send or reply to in the meantime I will just assume have gone OK unless I hear otherwise.

OMG I do ot like being an ERROR

xx

Mo

User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 05:36

I do get a 404 Mo but not on message sending, mainly on conversations going into many pages

Can I also add to your thread in the hopes that Sadie will see it.

Every time I log on I get a message saying there are no new conversations - basically nothing has happened since the last time I logged in. Not true! I get this

"Since your last visit on 24 July 2015 there have been 0 new posts, 0 new conversations and 0 new members."

If I then go to conversations there will usually be something recent there.
If others are getting that message, especially new people, then maybe they aren't following it through thinking there is nothing to see or that nobody has answered them.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 08:09

Mo
No problem it was nice to get yr reply

Paul

User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 08:50
I think there have been some system changes introduced and a bug or two has been created.

I notice the welcome screen is a bit different depending on how you get to the sign on page.

After several tests last night it seems the messages were actully sending but I was getting the error report. Poor Paul (Healey) must have thought he had a stalker I tried 3 or 4 different ways of replying or sending the same message to him and got errors every time. A couple of hours later they all appeared in my sent box. I got someone to try sending me messages they also got the 404 error so sent the same one 5 or 6 times. I got them all so now I am having to delete stuff to free up my mail box ...aagh

Sandra I also get the 0 new posts banner but only if I leave my tablet signed in and go back to it later.Like you if then go to recent conversations there are usualy things there. If I sign out and sign back in again the new message count is there.

There are still quirks !!

I have sent the error report through the proper channels to Sadie so I will see what happens.

hope you all have a terrific weekend.

xx

Mo

User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 09:12

My community home page is messed up. I was following cookie gals post but that is permanently 404 now

User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 09:53

Morning, all -

We did a couple of bugfixes yesterday, and it looks as though there's been a bit of fallout. Will follow this up.

Thanks,

James

User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 13:12

James

On the question of technical problems. What happened about the "meeting" to sort out problems which was expected to be held in February 2015 for those in or around London? Have you had the meeting? If so, what happened, if anything, and have any updates been made? What were the updates? ... Or have I missed something?

Alan

Edited by member 24 Jul 2015 at 13:13  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 15:09

Just tried to send a message to Mo, had a 404 not found error on pressing "Send".

Running via Google Chrome on Laptop with Linux Mint OS.

Same from iPad running Safari.

If it's any help, messages were going backwards and forwards on 22nd July in the morning.

Edited by member 24 Jul 2015 at 15:18  | Reason: Not specified

Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.

User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 17:26

Hi again, all -

We haven't been able to get to the bottom of this one today, sadly - the PMs are going through, as Mo reports, but we'll have to pick up on the rather annoying 404 error and the other issues on Monday.

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

What happened about the "meeting" to sort out problems which was expected to be held in February 2015?

Not sure which meeting you mean - could you let me know where this was mentioned?

Just tried to send a message to Mo, had a 404 not found error on pressing "Send".

Thanks for the info! Good to hear from another Linux user. I've been considering Mint, but am yet to make the leap.

I was following cookie gals post but that is permanently 404 now

Just to clarify: the link to her thread under 'Conversations I follow' is giving you the 404, right?

I do get a 404 Mo but not on message sending, mainly on conversations going into many pages

Johsan, I can't replicate this one - would you be able to give me an example of a thread where this happens?

Thanks, all, and please excuse the weekend disruptions.

User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 17:42
The bug has knocked out e mail notifications as well.

Messages do go and will appear in your sent box.

Chris if you select the next to last page on Paula's conversation and go forwards you will get to the latest post there. This seems to happen when a new page should be created it has happened on several of the popular conversations.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 24 Jul 2015 at 17:57

James, it's as Mo's reply to Chris.
If you click on the last page you get the 404
If you go to the previous page and work forward (sometimes not necessary as it will go to the last conversation) then it's OK

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 25 Jul 2015 at 18:42

Hi James

I am sending this posting again - when I sent it the first time it disappeared.

For information about the meeting/event in February which I asked about have a look at my posting today for Sadie on the thread “Welcome / From the moderators / Participate in user testing to help improve the community platform”. Also see the link below.

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t10207-Participate-in-user-testing-to-help-improve-the-community-platform#post123071

An update on what happened would be useful, please.

Alan

User
Posted 25 Jul 2015 at 19:23

MLJ and Traileetrish have not posted for a while and were friendly. Ive tried to PM them both but just got 404 error

User
Posted 26 Jul 2015 at 09:01
Chris, the messages will have been sent check your sent box in your pms.

I am also worried about Steve Raiden who hasn't posted either.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 26 Jul 2015 at 10:34

Steve ( Raiden ) is absolutely fine . We exchanged numbers and speak . I think he prefers not to post which is his choice. I know many of the elders don't like PM's , but I felt he needed a friend .
Chris

User
Posted 27 Jul 2015 at 11:55

Seems to be happening to me today as well.

Dick

User
Posted 27 Jul 2015 at 13:16

Hi all,

I'm really sorry this happened. Just to let you know our developers are investigating right now and we'll have an update this afternoon. 

Best,

Sadie

User
Posted 28 Jul 2015 at 12:22

Developers have a fix for this and I just tested it on our staging server. The change will be pushed over to the live site shortly and private messages will be working again.

Best,

Sadie

User
Posted 28 Jul 2015 at 14:52

This has been pushed to live and should now be fixed. Please email onlinecommunity@prostatecanceruk.org if you're still having trouble. Thanks!