I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bishop's Bulb - Incontinence

User
Posted 25 Jul 2015 at 13:40
This is a fantastic incontinence tip I have just picked up from Men's Health magazine , which is suitable for men with mild / stress incontinence as a result of PCa treatments.
When you have finished urinating , either sat or stood , and have done the whole shake rattle and roll thing a few times to clear the dribbles , then with your other hand reach behind your balls ( perineum / bishops bulb ) and press firmly with your fingers in this area. This results in a sizeable extra squirt which empties your urethra completely. Normally this amount could dribble in your pants or pad , or be expelled the moment you stoop , bend , lift etc with stress.
It's really effective and can still be done discretely in public toilets.
This might be old news for some of the senior members on the site but I thought I should share it anyway.
Chris J
User
Posted 25 Jul 2015 at 15:43

Haha....I used to go on forums to check out the latest rugby news or maybe to find some accessories for a trike I had.....how life changes ;-)

Bri

User
Posted 29 Nov 2015 at 08:57

Hi everyone
I've just bumped this as it may help a few newer members. I posted it at a busy time and it may have been missed. It really is effective at fully draining your system post- urination
Chris

User
Posted 29 Nov 2015 at 09:28

Thanks Chris,

I will give it a go as I get drips and dribbles occasionally. Do you know how to prevent the" desperate for a wee " feeling and when you do go there is only an eggcup full. I have had a TURP procedure in June which did not help and have spoken with my RT oncologist who said that it may improve when my system settles down after finishing RT three weeks ago. Must admit I am not too hopefull as I had the problem before RT started.

Anyone else can chip in with suggestions as I am getting a bit fed up with rushes to the loo 24/7.

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 29 Nov 2015 at 10:25
Hi Chris
My hubby has this and he is currently on medication - can't remember the name but it doesn't matter because the urologist has to keep changing it to try to stay one step ahead (meds only seem to relieve it for a couple of weeks). One thing we have noticed is that any alcohol drunk makes frequency and number of visits much worse, it doesn't matter as hubby rarely drinks but even one beer or half a glass of wine seems to cause irritation. The cause might be different for us (mets) but we think the prostate is growing into the bladder and urethra. We are seeing the urologist again on Tueday, but it's a horrible problem to have on top of everything else. I know that one med was called Solefenicin and originally the GP changed the urology order to some generic and it didn't work at all, so they changed it to the specific drug and it did work for a bit.

Allison
User
Posted 29 Nov 2015 at 17:08
Thank you Chris J for the tip. I did read this back in July and meant to thank you then.

I tried your tip straight away and have done since and it has made quite a difference. Before then no matter how long i gave the thing a shake invariably there would be a post urination drip in the pants.