I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

5 years RALP anniversary

User
Posted 02 Aug 2015 at 19:04
This time, exactly five years ago, I was being wheeled out of theatre after my Da Vinci at Guys.

For a while, it was good, then it turned bad, now it has turned horrible - but, you know people, I found that town called "Acceptance" and five years after, despite it spreading to my lymph nodes, my PSA is still low at 1.55. I'm not cured, I'm not curable, but I'm bloody obstinate if anything and intend travelling, drinking, loving, laughing and living until I cannot any longer.

God speed to all those who face an operation. I am living proof there is life, and good quality at that, after surgery. Five years today - bollocks to PCa!

Barry (Bazza)

User
Posted 03 Aug 2015 at 22:57

Hi Bazza,

Lovely to hear from you , the Town called Acceptance we have been there a few times there is a really nice B&B and we love the quaint little pub on the corner of Town Square. The Town clock gently ticking away time and the hanging baskets they are so pretty aren't they.  I'm not sure what road you have to take to get there but we have to travel along the 24-7 and that takes us through the village of FFS . There is only a Bernie Inn there and the pillows are so lumpy it's hard to sleep and to be honest I wouldn't rate the Breakfast. It's worth the journey though, maybe we should meet up at Acceptance one day.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 03 Aug 2015 at 18:33

Great post Barry....I'm aware of some of the roads you've travelled to the town of 'acceptance'. So really great to see how upbeat your attitude is to this.

Keep at it

Bri

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Aug 2015 at 22:22

Well done to you for you upbeat attitude Barry.

You're a morale booster for those just given the news that they are incurable.
Life doesn't end when you're told that, it's just different.

You are indeed Spartacus!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 02 Aug 2015 at 22:33
I don't really understand enough about your mine positions but delighted that u r still in the hunt, hope I join u in that hunt for a long time too, thanks for posting. Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 03 Aug 2015 at 07:04

Love your attitude Bazza and your posts....long may they continue

good luck..... we all need it, can never get too much !

User
Posted 03 Aug 2015 at 07:50
Well done you Thanks Bazza

You taught me the " acceptance " bit I think , and im kind of living by it . It hit me just before being dragged into theatre and im relatively relaxed 7 weeks post-op to be honest . Congratulations and keep up doing what you want and eating and drinking , and generally being happy . CONGRATULATIONS on 5 years mate

Chris

Edited by member 03 Aug 2015 at 14:28  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Aug 2015 at 18:33

Great post Barry....I'm aware of some of the roads you've travelled to the town of 'acceptance'. So really great to see how upbeat your attitude is to this.

Keep at it

Bri

User
Posted 03 Aug 2015 at 18:37

I've adopted similar attitude to yours, Bazza. It's called 'f..k it' but in a positive and non-reckless way if that makes sense!

Best wishes,

Jacey.

User
Posted 03 Aug 2015 at 20:03
Happy cinco Barry

I know you have struggled at times but you are still here, still drinking good wine and travelling and what is more LIVING for the here and now.

You know your story will always help others I have often pointed people to your profile, threads and blog

so keep em all going.

xxx

Mo

User
Posted 03 Aug 2015 at 22:57

Hi Bazza,

Lovely to hear from you , the Town called Acceptance we have been there a few times there is a really nice B&B and we love the quaint little pub on the corner of Town Square. The Town clock gently ticking away time and the hanging baskets they are so pretty aren't they.  I'm not sure what road you have to take to get there but we have to travel along the 24-7 and that takes us through the village of FFS . There is only a Bernie Inn there and the pillows are so lumpy it's hard to sleep and to be honest I wouldn't rate the Breakfast. It's worth the journey though, maybe we should meet up at Acceptance one day.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 03 Aug 2015 at 23:12

Hi Bazza,

So good that you are enjoying as good a quality of life as possible. Keep on raising those glasses of wine. No doubt many will find hope and inspiration from your posts !

Fiona. xx

User
Posted 04 Aug 2015 at 04:25
Hi Bazza:

Thanks for the inspiration. I know most of us here are on the same journey but perhaps taking a different route. Unfortunately it would appear that I have merged onto the motorway but I am not going to let that screw with me and am trying to find the first exit. Keep up the good work in making us all appreciate life and all it has to offer.

Cheers to you!

Miles

User
Posted 04 Aug 2015 at 10:30

That's wonderful news, Happy Anniversary !!

User
Posted 04 Aug 2015 at 10:52

'Appy Anniversary Bazza,

Enjoy the wine and the adventures.
Many thanks for your contributions to this forum.

Best wishes
Luther

User
Posted 04 Aug 2015 at 22:25
Happy 5th Bazza

I greatly admire your attitude towards PCa and life.

Sending you my best wishes.

User
Posted 05 Aug 2015 at 00:14

5 years already! Gosh

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard