I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

psa result is it okay

User
Posted 12 Aug 2015 at 15:34

just received my second psa result since rt,it is 0.05 my first one was 0.01 is there much difference,but i am on zoladex for 3yrs its a pain but what can you do,i dont follow any special diet except no red meat and very little dairy and i drink alcohol on a weekend it doesnt seem to be doing any harm,but i have read a lot to know things can soon change any thoughts please.

User
Posted 12 Aug 2015 at 16:47

Radar, good result.

At those levels expect some differences. I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it

Ray

User
Posted 12 Aug 2015 at 22:19

thankyou.

User
Posted 13 Aug 2015 at 00:35

Radar

All my results have come in at <0.1. That's all I want to know - it would be too easy to get stressed out over increases such as yours. I think the medics only get concerned if you get 0.2 or higher.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 13 Aug 2015 at 09:39

Circa 0.2 for RP guys and 2 plus nadir for RT RT/HT guys. Both keeping on an eye on 3 consecutive increases of note.

You might be concerned due to last jab saga but medics gave reassurance so try to let go of it and enjoy whatever you enjoy.

Ray

User
Posted 13 Aug 2015 at 11:14

Tiny rises and falls are common after RT - look at Ray and my John. They are meaningless in your case - as a man who still has a prostate I would just be thrilled that you have gone that low!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Aug 2015 at 11:48

Hi
I'm on HT and stampede J (enzalutamide and abbiraterone) and am bumbling along at .05 and have no concerns apart from side effects.
Enjoy life until whenever.

All the best for many months of low psa's

Paul

User
Posted 13 Aug 2015 at 16:29

thanks,when i finished rt 29th sept urologist said it is expected to go that low after just finishing rt and with been on ht.