I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Today, I lost my beautiful dog

User
Posted 19 Aug 2015 at 18:50
You gave so much my little one and asked for so little in return. Obedient to the last, I will forever remember you with joy, your soul now carried on the breeze. I loved you from the moment I first saw you. You chose me, not I you - and the bond we shared was unique. I remember your smile, your boundless enthusiasm, your unconditional love and your comfort when I faced my own demons following my cancer diagnosis and how you were always there for me.

I hope I did you proud sweet boy. You shared a large part of my life and enriched it like no other animal could. I will love you forever my Persh.

Daddy.

Hershey 25/12/2004 to 19/08/2015

Edited by member 19 Jun 2016 at 22:32  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Aug 2015 at 19:10

Hi Baz,

I know what its like to lose a dog,it is heart breaking,

When we lost the last one I said thats  it no more, we lasted six weeks

Barry

User
Posted 19 Aug 2015 at 19:20

Bazza, you are having to take so many punches and my heart breaks for you. Our Motley is 15 and I know that it will come but can't yet imagine how it will feel.

Take care my friend,
Lyn xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Aug 2015 at 21:06

Dear Bazza,
So sorry for your loss.
Another blow to bear.
Thinking of you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 19 Aug 2015 at 22:02

Bazza,

I'm really sorry to hear your sad news.

I just don't know what I can say to make things better.

A dog is the most faithful friend you can have and you were lucky to be able to share part of your life with him.

Thinking of you at this difficult time.

Steve 

User
Posted 19 Aug 2015 at 22:33
Sorry to hear this Bazza, we've been in this situation and have some idea how you must feel

Be strong,

Arthur

User
Posted 20 Aug 2015 at 09:23

Bazza, What heart-breaking news, I really am so very very sorry and send you deepest sympathy.

These wonderful animals who share our lives are simply the best friends and companions we could ever wish for.

You'll truly be in everyone's thoughts,

Take Care

Cobbles

User
Posted 20 Aug 2015 at 11:09
Thank you for all your heartfelt comments.

I have written a blogpost about Hershey's final day. Perhaps if you would like to read it you can do so here:

https://barrycashin.wordpress.com/2015/08/20/hershey-2412204-to-19082015/

Again thank you

Bazza

User
Posted 20 Aug 2015 at 11:28

Sorry to read that you've lost your friend Bazza

Dogs have been a big part in my household all of my life....and still are.... ( mainly Dobermanns ) so I know only too well how you must be feeling.

Best wishes

Luther

User
Posted 20 Aug 2015 at 12:14

So sorry, Bazza. I don't know what I would do without my three dogs and the social outlets I have through them. They truly are the best friends ever,

Sending lots of love, Fiona.

User
Posted 20 Aug 2015 at 12:21

I remember a student friend saying how his dad felt guilty as he had cried more when his dog died than for his dad. We certainly get very close to our dogs because they are so faithful.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 20 Aug 2015 at 18:58

So sorry for this news, when you raised your head the dog raised theirs, that's a closeness that's very hard to lose.

User
Posted 20 Aug 2015 at 18:59

Really sorry for your loss. We lost 'our Wes' in October 2012, just after my OH was diagnosed with Advanced PC, so a double whammy. We think and talk about him every day, he was mummy's little boy and daddy's little man. Wesley the Westie, RIP.

Take care

Glen

User
Posted 20 Aug 2015 at 20:12

Barry, I am sorry you were upset by Mike Ryan's post but I really think it was a genuine comment.

I took it as such anyway.

I've just spent quite a few hours with our daughter's two dogs and I took Mike to say that one is so in tune with one's dog that if you so much as raise your head (listening) then so does the dog.
I've had that today. The dogs sitting there quietly but move when you move (probably because they thought food was in the offing !!)

Please don't be upset. I'm sure the comment was meant to be supportive, to show how in tune your beloved Persh was with you, rather than a troll like comment.
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 Aug 2015 at 22:18

Feel sad and really sorry for your loss, Bazza. I cried more about the loss of my Lab than I did following the death of my father whom I was close to! That's how powerful a bond with your dog is!

I do share Sandra's view that Mike R comments were meant to show solidarity rather than any malevolent intent.

I fully appreciate that when one is feeling very distressed and vulnerable it is quite easy to misinterpret other people thoughts and behaviours. I've been guilty of that more than once!

Regards,

Jacey

User
Posted 21 Aug 2015 at 07:27

Agree...I fully understand Mikes sentiment...made me immediately think of my dogs

Very hard when we lose such close companions

Bri

User
Posted 21 Aug 2015 at 08:03
Hi anazza

Heartfelt condolences, when we lost our previous Westie I didn't tell anyone at work for a month as I knew I wouldn't be able to speak without sobbing. Our dogs are family.

I also cannot see anything wrong with Mike's comment, it seems very supportive to me, do you think your grief may have made you misread it?

Big hugs, hard times.

Love Allison xxx

User
Posted 21 Aug 2015 at 08:20
I agree with the others above, feel Mike's comment was misunderstood. When we were losing our little Yorkie Toby he always tried to lift his head up to us when he was lying in his bed. It broke our hearts after having 14+ years with him.

Arthur