I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Useful website to compare hospitals and treatments

User
Posted 01 Sep 2015 at 23:22

I really miss the stickies - moderators, can they not be brought back???

In the meantime, I am conscious that there are some questions that come up over and over again, such as entitlement to incontinence pads, travel insurance, what to buy before surgery, etc. Another regular query is about which hospitals offer which treatments and/or how to go about seeking a second opinion and from where. 

Today, I noticed a poster in our local GP practice for a website and thought it might be worth sharing here. The website is provided by the national Peer Review Programme in conjunction with Macmillan - you can search by postcode, hospital or type of cancer and find out where the nearest brachytherapy or Da Vinci offer might be, for example. 

http://www.mycancertreatment.nhs.uk/

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 02 Sep 2015 at 15:35

I fully endorse Lyn's comment about stickies and frequently asked questions. I raised this a long time ago and again when the new format was under consideration. I am on another forum (not PCa related), which has stickies which form headings which open up as clicked on. These stickies remain permanently in place below various section headings followed by  new postings or replies. There is also a search facility which gives threads which are more pertinent to what is being sought. Also, I have found the search facility here throws up all sorts of unrelated threads and is worse in this respect than it was under the old forum.

Thank you for link which could prove very useful.

Edited by member 02 Sep 2015 at 15:36  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 02 Sep 2015 at 16:55

Thanks for that Lyn.

Have bookmarked it in case we need to refer to it in the future

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 02 Sep 2015 at 18:50

Nice, if we all lived in England!!! I thought the map was a funny shape...

Tony
TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.
User
Posted 02 Sep 2015 at 18:50

Its a great post for quick-fire statistics and targets achieved and facilities etc . And the all important patient feedback. Nice one Lyn

Edited by member 02 Sep 2015 at 18:51  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Sep 2015 at 21:36
Very interesting. Not entirely sure it's aimed at joe public, and if it is, it's too complicated, but I certainly found it informative. If we were going for treatment now, it would enable easy comparison