Notification

Error
<12

what should i eat

User
Posted 05 Oct 2015 at 23:20

Gary
I struggled with cutting out the dairy.
Most dairy I used to consume was milk so I started there.
Coconut milk on the muesli (hand made with nut raisins etc) together with sliced kiwi, sliced banana or sliced pineapple in rotation is delicious.
Next was the tea/coffee. I went onto green tea but tried a few mixes and settled on green tea with pineapple and grapefruit black with no sugar (sometimes I add a little Stevia but not often nowadays. Cheese I went onto goats milk cheese and find it very tasty..
I do have toast with organic butter (I tried the goats milk butter but it was yucky) and a bit of organic honey.

I'm trying to graze ie with 5 small meals a day but it doesn't always work

I don't touch processed foods or red meats preferring now to eat salads, fish, chicken, baked potatoes, lots of vegetables.
I do have the odd red wine but not so much.
I'm Trying to follow the Mediteranean Diet.

I'm enjoying the food and certainly don't miss the steaks.
Bacon and beans/tomatoes I have maybe once every 2 weeks to keep my sanity. 😎

Edited by member 05 Oct 2015 at 23:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 06 Oct 2015 at 09:41

Fortunately Alan I didn't have to give up bacon it gave me up as makes me ill :-)

Healey will take a look at some of those options

I am now drinking black tea then a green tea etc

Does anyone know why black tea is different to green tea as it all comes from same plant just picked from different parts
Why is one good and one bad

User
User
User
Posted 07 Oct 2015 at 16:23

Alan
Grown them for years didn't know the seed was edible

User
Posted 08 Oct 2015 at 19:02

Alan is the oil used for cooking or for dressings?

To look at the seed you would not believe it is edible because it doesn't look appetising
What could you compare it too flavour wise ?

User
Posted 08 Oct 2015 at 20:44
Hello, forgive me if I am thick, but I don't get this hormones in the beef and milk? Farmers are not allowed to give cattle hormones, so is this just natural hormones in their meat andi milk? Surely female hormones in the milk can't play a part in prostate cancer? Interested as we are beef farmers. Thanks.
User
Posted 09 Oct 2015 at 00:13

Dear SJBT,

Re Your post:

Hello, forgive me if I am thick, but I don't get this hormones in the beef and milk? Farmers are not allowed to give cattle hormones, so is this just natural hormones in their meat andi milk? Surely female hormones in the milk can't play a part in prostate cancer? Interested as we are beef farmers. Thanks

If you read some of Dr Jane Plants books / website, you will soon get the drift, it is not just hormones but all the other growth factors etc.

Her point in a nutshell is - The Chinese didn't used to get breast cancer or prostate cancer, and the Chinese don't drink milk.  They don't have much beef either, pork, duck and carp were their staples.

The other myth is you need to consume dairy to make strong bones. 

I guess that your cattle have strong bones, and all they eat is grass, hay and oil cake?  

:)

Dave

Edited by member 09 Oct 2015 at 00:16  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 09 Oct 2015 at 01:55

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Hello, forgive me if I am thick, but I don't get this hormones in the beef and milk? Farmers are not allowed to give cattle hormones, so is this just natural hormones in their meat andi milk? Surely female hormones in the milk can't play a part in prostate cancer? Interested as we are beef farmers. Thanks.

There are more than just reproductive hormones in milk - growth hormones are thought to be the concern. Any mother's milk is designed to aid the growth and health of her babies, whether she is human or not. 

As an aside, human breast milk contains PSA - I wonder if cow or goat milk does too?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Oct 2015 at 06:13
Ok, so as I breast fed all my boys for at least 2 years each they are more likely to get cancers? Not sure that can be right. My other half wasn't breast fed anyway.

I have read before about the Chinese not getting breast and prostate cancers.

I will have to read up on it some more one day.

User
Posted 09 Oct 2015 at 11:35
Breast milk is meant for human babies, and cows milk is meant for baby cows, both contain the hormones etc required for their own species, rather than for each other.

Alison

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 18:21

I'm one of those people who are not sure what to believe so in terms of my lifestyle I haven't changed anything. I haven't eaten meat for about 50 years but I still got Prostate Cancer. I personally assume that all of the food advice around is, either someone is trying to sell us something, or maybe someone just believes, or wants to believe something? Who knows?

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 21:24

Who really knows what causes it

But try and alter your diet to help
Cut out dairy
Drink pomegranate juice -eat broccoli-drink green tea-add tumeric

Supplements- have started taking Pomi T which contains all these known cancer fighters

Eating healthily can only benefit people.Combined with a little exercise to make you fitter surely it has got to help your body fight this awful disease