I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My husband diagnosed mid august-gleason 4+3 and a bone met?

User
Posted 08 Oct 2015 at 07:06
Hello everyone. This seems like a wonderful site. My husband has always gone for checkups and it always seemed "so they said" within normal limits. Than this past year his PSA went from 3.6-7.13 within a six month period. His DRE seemed normal but the biopsy showed 8 out of 12 positive cores of adenocarcinoma and a gleason score of 4+3 , and the scan showed a pelvic bone met (Iliac bone) so how did all this occur in a six month period????? This is freaking me out as I don't know if this was there awhile "simmering" but never showed up in the PSA or if within six months it could have grown and headed outside the prostate?? Anyone have this experience? Also he is now on lupron shot, casodex and a bone strengthening shot. How did this come out of nowhere? He is 65 yrs young and always was in great health. Help!
User
Posted 08 Oct 2015 at 12:13

I think your post is duplicated Sammyswife. Did you repost thinking as it wasn't showing it hadn't gone on?  

It happens like that sometimes because new posters have to be "vetted" for a new topic so people do it again.

Don't worry about it,it happens

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 09 Oct 2015 at 04:38
Yes I think that is what happened, it probably just took time to show up so I had "double posted"