I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

"Saying Good-Bye To Your Prostate"

User
Posted 09 Oct 2015 at 11:18

This is the title of a book, sent to me by a friend in America, which those, and their OH's, who have experienced prostate removal surgery by DaVinci , or any other method come to that, or those contemplating it, might find an interesting read. I've read it and wanted to bring it your notice.

It is written by Jamie MacKenzie, a prostate cancer survivor, actor, writer, producer.

To quote remarks on the back cover :

"This handbook memoir walks men and their loved ones through every step before them - from PSA numbers to biopsy, from diagnosis to pre-op, from surgery to recovery - all while telling readers what to expect, but also showing them how to mine humour that will unexpectedly and mercifully accompany the fear. "

........................................................................

" This book is not just for men over 35. It's for the millions of younger men who are or will be the sons ,brothers, nephews, partners, or friends of someone with prostate cancer - and for the millions of women who are or will be the wives, daughters, sisters, nieces, or friends of someone with the disease. This is the one to read. " - Dr. Ashutosh Tewari.

...............................................................................

It's quite a thin book with large print which can be purchased for under a tenner via the internet on the usual sites or can be downloaded onto Kindles etc.

You may have already read it or might like to give it a try.

Cobbles

User
Posted 09 Oct 2015 at 11:18

This is the title of a book, sent to me by a friend in America, which those, and their OH's, who have experienced prostate removal surgery by DaVinci , or any other method come to that, or those contemplating it, might find an interesting read. I've read it and wanted to bring it your notice.

It is written by Jamie MacKenzie, a prostate cancer survivor, actor, writer, producer.

To quote remarks on the back cover :

"This handbook memoir walks men and their loved ones through every step before them - from PSA numbers to biopsy, from diagnosis to pre-op, from surgery to recovery - all while telling readers what to expect, but also showing them how to mine humour that will unexpectedly and mercifully accompany the fear. "

........................................................................

" This book is not just for men over 35. It's for the millions of younger men who are or will be the sons ,brothers, nephews, partners, or friends of someone with prostate cancer - and for the millions of women who are or will be the wives, daughters, sisters, nieces, or friends of someone with the disease. This is the one to read. " - Dr. Ashutosh Tewari.

...............................................................................

It's quite a thin book with large print which can be purchased for under a tenner via the internet on the usual sites or can be downloaded onto Kindles etc.

You may have already read it or might like to give it a try.

Cobbles

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 18:15

To late for me. My prostate is already out and by da Vinci. I feel lucky, no problems at all from about one month after the op, no medication to worry about either. I have now had two PSA nil results, long may it continue!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 18:15

To late for me. My prostate is already out and by da Vinci. I feel lucky, no problems at all from about one month after the op, no medication to worry about either. I have now had two PSA nil results, long may it continue!

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 20:07

Thanks Gunwharfman,

Your story is similar to mine. I hope that my recovery follows yours and my future PSA's come up with similar results.

Long may it continue indeed.

Cobbles