I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Diagnostic and Treatment Development

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 00:42

I think this is an interesting development and one I am inquiring about to check whether or not my suspect iliac node is cancerous and if so whether I could be treated in the proposed trial.  https://www.dkfz.de/en/presse/pressemitteilungen/2015/dkfz-pm-15-26-Award-winning-agent-developed-for-prostate-cancer-diagnosis-and-treatment.php

Barry
User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 20:27

Hi Barry,

It does look interesting, I guess it might be some time before it goes through the trial process and is widely available on the National Health, however in the meantime they will need volunteers, so good luck with your enquiries.

:)

Dave 

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 23:00
Hi Barry

It was the PSMA 68 which was used in my PET/CT scan I had in Munich. I always wondered if this element could be utilised to deliver a killer blow to the cancerous cells, as it is so readily taken up by PCa, I wil be following this with interest. If it works I wil kick myself for not patenting it lol.

Roy

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 13:32

Barry

As always you seek alternatives. Good luck on this one.

Ray

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 14:10
Barry

Thanks for sharing this, it was mentioned on the course I just did as a possible new breakthrough in targeted treatment. There was no detail though so this fills in all the missing info.

Certainly sounds very promising.

Xx

Mo