I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Radium 223 treatment

User
Posted 27 Oct 2015 at 14:39
Hi There everyone, I'm new to this discussion group so thought I would introduce myself and post a topic. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer some three years ago along with 'metastatic' bone disease. I am currently being treated with "Prostat' injection every three months which I understand is a more 'economical' (cheaper version of zoladex) --- Also I am just about to have my '4th of 6 treatments'. of Radium 223 (Xofigo)

Wonder if anyone else out there is having the same treatment, and how are you getting along ??

Regards

StokieDokie

User
Posted 27 Oct 2015 at 20:00

Hllo StokieDokie and welcome.

There are a few men on here with experience of prostat injections so I'm sure somebody will be along to share their experience

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 27 Oct 2015 at 23:52

Hi Stokie,

If you search 'Zoladex v Prostrap' or 'Zoladex and Prostrap' you will find that there have been long discussion strings on this site comparing each alternative.

Personally, at various times I have been on both, and to be honest can't really say one was any better or worse than the other.

I can't help with Radium, but I am sure someone will come back to you.

:)

Dave

User
Posted 28 Oct 2015 at 00:59

Stokie, when you are searching the forum, use the spelling Prostap and you should find loads of info. There are also quite a few members that have had Xofigo but you will do better in the search function by looking for Radium 223, including a thread by Spurspark describing the side effects when he had it as part of a trial

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard