Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Vitamins

User
Posted 05 Nov 2015 at 10:11

Hi

Well after the initial diagnosis my Husband's psa is down from 2345 2 months ago to 170 yesterday.

He started Chemotherapy yesterday and all went well. So far so good and he is feeling ok just looking

a little flushed. Is that normal? His temp is fine and he is otherwise ok. 

I have a question about vitamins.  He takes them as he is 71 and a veggie.  In particular B12.  I get them

from either together health or Natures Own because their vitamins are food state and the body utilises them

without some of the problems that you can experience with synthetic vitamins.

The oncology nurse said that we should be careful about taking vitamins that may interact with the chemotherapy.

Does anyone have experience of this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tattiehead

User
Posted 06 Nov 2015 at 00:29

Hi Tattiehead,
some vitamins cause a barrier and help the cancer cells to resist the chemotherapy so it is really important to check with the oncologist or see the hospital dietician before he takes any more vitamin tablets. I am a bit disappointed that the nurse gave you a small warning but seems not to have given you anyinformation sheets or referred you to the dietician.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Nov 2015 at 06:09

hi tattiehead

yep same here more hot flushs since been on chemo, did ask at my last chemo session re taking vitamins don't take any yet and was advised to speak with onco before taking anything

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'