I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

latest urology follow up

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 12:51

hi,today i have been for my second urologist follow up,and said my psa is 0.06 first follow up was 0.05,is that okay .i am t3b no mo at the moment,i am on ht,and i finished my rt sept 29th 2014,bit nerve racking going for results,doesnt want to see me again for a year,my next appointment is june 2016 with oncologist,urologist said no need for another psa test till i see my oncologist in june seems a long time.anythoughts please.

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 13:18

Looks like a pretty marvellous result to me Radar and if the doctors are happy not to see you until next year, they must be very confident that all is in order. Celebrate well, my friend x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 13:19

radar

Thats a normal fluctuation so it doesn't mean your PSA is on the rise. In fact considering where you started from that's a very good result.

Now if the consultant had said 3 months before next test you may have took that as being concerned. However if you feel 6 months will make you too anxious then ask GP if a test can be given in 3 months.

Ray

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 13:26

I really hope you can see this as a massive positive !
Relaxing isn't easy with cancer on your shoulders , but your numbers look great.
Happy Christmas it is then , and don't start worrying till May
Chris

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 14:04
Hi Radar

Sounds good to me, like you I was diagnosed T3b NO MO, (full details on my profile) I had RT finishing December 2014 continuing on HT. Since my first appointment with the oncologist after completing RT I'm now on 6 monthly appointments which seems to be the norm. I usually go for the PSA test a few days before my appointment. Must admit it's squeaky bum time each time I have an appointment.

Take heart that they don't want to see you until June next year

Best wishes,

Arthur

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 15:07

thankyou.the beer on a weekend must be doing me good,,i have only cut out red meat and dairy,but the wholemeal bread amongst other things have got milk and butter in them,i live on my own now and am not a chef,when first dx i was all over the place with food,but since reading things on here i have settled down,i just try and be as healthy as i can without going overboard.

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 16:39

The equivalent of "No news is good news" Radar.

Assume that the doctors know what they are talking about and if they are happy then take confidence from that.

I understand your fears though, and if this was my husband I would probably be saying lets ask the GP to do a PSA at 6 months, but that's just me.

Enjoy your beer. John has read recently that IPA is good for you and guess what he normally drinks. You got it !!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 17:41

More assurances and congratulations from me as well radar. And as time goes on hopefully you will keep on getting good news? So, celebrate.

Cheers

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 17:51
Radar

its all sounding very positive so relax enjoy your weekend beers and rejoice.

xxx

Mo

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 18:13

Good news Radar, it's all looking good a low PSA and good time lapse to next vampire session. Very positive for you.

Keep healthy, best wishes to you.

Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 21:40

thankyou, makes me feel better.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 00:28

Relax and make sure you enjoy the next year!!!!

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.