I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzalutamide and blood pressure

User
Posted 18 Nov 2015 at 18:34

A question for those of you who are taking/have taken Enzalutamide. Did it affect your blood pressure? If so, did the effect increase the longer you took Enzalutamide?

Many thanks.

ColU

Edited by member 18 Nov 2015 at 20:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 11:29

I know this is a bit of a late reply but may still be of interest.

Tony has been on Enza for 5 weeks now. As he was taking strong painkillers too, he wasn't sure whether the new drug was working, so when we went to see the oncologist, we were very apprehensive. But all is well and his PSA is plumetting, so he is now phasing out the pain killers.

Tony's blood pressure that day was quite high (about 180/86) but not enough to cause concern.

Now, two days later, at home in his arm chair, our home monitor (which generally tallies with surgery readings) shows a reading of 136/68. Bit of a difference! I'm sure that stress was a major factor on the day of the consultation.

If you haven't got a home monitor, I think it's worth buying one. Hospital or surgery visits often include stressful consutations or unpleasant procedures that can push the BP up temporarily. If you can monitor it regularly at home, you get a better idea of how things are progressing.

Tony is feeling and looking very well on the magic beans, and is outside building a fence right now. We have now arranged to have future supplies delivered to our home, following a blood and BP test done at the local surgery, and then a "telephone triage" appointment. It's a bit like receiving Holy Communion or something: the precious substance has to be dispensed by a special person, on a particular day, after certain rituals have been observed. But we can live with that, and are enjoying the benefits of the Holy Beans!

Marje

User
Posted 18 Nov 2015 at 20:14

Hi ColU
I've been on enzaluatmidenow for 11 months as part of stampede trial together with Prostap.
I was diagnosed in January 2015 with PCA.
So far it has not affected my blood pressure.
I just have side effects of hot flushes (every hour) and get a bit more weary than I used to..

Hope this helps

Paul

User
Posted 14 Jan 2016 at 09:51
Hi,

My blood pressure rose while I was taking Abiraterone, then shot up when I moved onto Enzalutimide.

High blood pressure was accompanied by migraines.

Doctor put me on medication for BP and now those symptoms have disappeared.

D.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Nov 2015 at 20:14

Hi ColU
I've been on enzaluatmidenow for 11 months as part of stampede trial together with Prostap.
I was diagnosed in January 2015 with PCA.
So far it has not affected my blood pressure.
I just have side effects of hot flushes (every hour) and get a bit more weary than I used to..

Hope this helps

Paul

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 11:29

I know this is a bit of a late reply but may still be of interest.

Tony has been on Enza for 5 weeks now. As he was taking strong painkillers too, he wasn't sure whether the new drug was working, so when we went to see the oncologist, we were very apprehensive. But all is well and his PSA is plumetting, so he is now phasing out the pain killers.

Tony's blood pressure that day was quite high (about 180/86) but not enough to cause concern.

Now, two days later, at home in his arm chair, our home monitor (which generally tallies with surgery readings) shows a reading of 136/68. Bit of a difference! I'm sure that stress was a major factor on the day of the consultation.

If you haven't got a home monitor, I think it's worth buying one. Hospital or surgery visits often include stressful consutations or unpleasant procedures that can push the BP up temporarily. If you can monitor it regularly at home, you get a better idea of how things are progressing.

Tony is feeling and looking very well on the magic beans, and is outside building a fence right now. We have now arranged to have future supplies delivered to our home, following a blood and BP test done at the local surgery, and then a "telephone triage" appointment. It's a bit like receiving Holy Communion or something: the precious substance has to be dispensed by a special person, on a particular day, after certain rituals have been observed. But we can live with that, and are enjoying the benefits of the Holy Beans!

Marje

User
Posted 14 Jan 2016 at 09:51
Hi,

My blood pressure rose while I was taking Abiraterone, then shot up when I moved onto Enzalutimide.

High blood pressure was accompanied by migraines.

Doctor put me on medication for BP and now those symptoms have disappeared.

D.