Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

RT Extreme Tiredness

User
Posted 30 Nov 2015 at 09:18
Good Morning

Danny had Hormone Therapy and EBRT in July/August this year and suffered none of the debilitating bowel/bladder problems that we were warned may happen. What he does have now, however, is sleep for England. As an example yesterday I woke him at 10.30am and by 11.30 he was fast asleep in his chair and didn't wake until 4.30pm. He was back in bed for the night by 8.30pm.

Apart from the prostate cancer he is on many opiate pain killers for a failed knee replacement and initially we thought these were the cause of his fatigue. Anyone one got any comments? Would be most grateful to hear if anyone has experienced similar.
User
Posted 30 Nov 2015 at 11:41

I had EBRT in January / February this year and am still on HT now.  I think I am a little bit more tired than I used to be but I don't experience anything like you mention.  It could be the opiates?

User
Posted 30 Nov 2015 at 19:46

Hi Peggy, more likely to be the painkiller combo but I suppose could also be an emotional response to being diagnosed with cancer and/or the hormones if he is still on them. I would ask the pharmacist to review his meds just in case any are interacting.

Edited by member 30 Nov 2015 at 19:48  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 30 Nov 2015 at 20:10

Hi,

I suffer really badly with fatigue (one year after RT and still on HT).  It does feel as if I'm never really quite "with it."  It can get so bad that I fell asleep while waiting ten minutes for a hospital appointment recently. 

I've just begun a cardiac rehab exercise course to help me take more exercise, they say it's one of only ways of combat fatigue.

Hope it works.

Macmillan do free wellbeing courses, might be worth you checking if you could get him on to one of these if they are available.

Steve