I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Chat facility

User
Posted 01 Dec 2015 at 22:34
Can anyone explain how the "chat" facility works please?

If you would like to chat to someone I guess you press "chat" on that person's name but what happens after that?

If you start a conversation do you see a record of it in writing? Does it disappear as soon as the conversation is finished?

If you would like to chat with someone how does that person know?

Are there any do's and don'ts?

As you can see I am still living in the last century!

Any advice appreciated as always.

Best wishes to all.

User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 08:05

I've wondered this me old China. I guess you arrange to be on the site at a time and then one of you clicks the button. The other will receive an invite. You can then basically type away happily to each other instead of private messaging back and forth. I expect the conversation will be wiped afterwards , but you never know haha. You and I can be the road testers. Let's arrange a time.
One thing I've wanted to know is why some people get a green star big thank you sometimes rather than a little dull written one ?? In fact it's a pain thanking people really as it goes without saying that everyone here is grateful to each other more or less. I just tend to thank a very pertinent point full of info ( Dr Lyn ) , or the highly highly sensitive emotive damn caring posts by people like Mo or Sandra

User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 12:25

Odd that isn't it.
Never noticed until you said but I've just thanked you and Goose.
I got a star with yours but not with the one for Goose !

Edited by member 02 Dec 2015 at 15:29  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 13:32
Sandra I just tried yours and got a star...as for chat am guessing it is done just like messenger on Facebook. You enter chat with a person if they are online and tap away happily. You can have more than two people chatting at a time. If you try to chat with someone who is offline it might just go as a pm???

I think we should all try it and see what happens.

Today there is gang of people at the Euston Flyer so a few regulars are missing.

Xxxxxx

Mo

User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 16:28

I've Sussed it. I think only the most attractive people on the site get a green star. :-))

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 06:40

Wouldn't have a clue rivertweed but would also be interested in the answer. I usually just message folk

User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 08:05

I've wondered this me old China. I guess you arrange to be on the site at a time and then one of you clicks the button. The other will receive an invite. You can then basically type away happily to each other instead of private messaging back and forth. I expect the conversation will be wiped afterwards , but you never know haha. You and I can be the road testers. Let's arrange a time.
One thing I've wanted to know is why some people get a green star big thank you sometimes rather than a little dull written one ?? In fact it's a pain thanking people really as it goes without saying that everyone here is grateful to each other more or less. I just tend to thank a very pertinent point full of info ( Dr Lyn ) , or the highly highly sensitive emotive damn caring posts by people like Mo or Sandra

User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 12:25

Odd that isn't it.
Never noticed until you said but I've just thanked you and Goose.
I got a star with yours but not with the one for Goose !

Edited by member 02 Dec 2015 at 15:29  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 13:32
Sandra I just tried yours and got a star...as for chat am guessing it is done just like messenger on Facebook. You enter chat with a person if they are online and tap away happily. You can have more than two people chatting at a time. If you try to chat with someone who is offline it might just go as a pm???

I think we should all try it and see what happens.

Today there is gang of people at the Euston Flyer so a few regulars are missing.

Xxxxxx

Mo

User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 15:29

You got one too Mo !!

User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 15:46
Sandra ,I also sent one for goose it wasn't starred again ...one of us will suss it out

Wish I was with the gang at the flyer today, but Lanzarote 26 degrees and sunny got the better of me! !!

Xxx

Mo

User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 16:28

I've Sussed it. I think only the most attractive people on the site get a green star. :-))

User
Posted 02 Dec 2015 at 17:04

You flatterer you !!  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif

By the way, you didn't get a star that time !!

Edited by member 02 Dec 2015 at 17:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 10:10
Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Chris

Happy to run a test. i have a busy morning ahead of me plus evening but otherwise I will do my best to be flexible. Would you be able to suggest some times that might fit in with you?

Kind regards

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 12:33
I tried the chat months ago you can chat to 4 people at one time if they are online.

I have had a big problem when I visit the site it is hard to read conversations as my whole screen tells asks if I want to leave chat but it wont remove there are people already using this function.