I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Sign in

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 16:41
Since about a week ago, I have had to sign in, with password, every time that I log on.

Is this the new norm, as previously I just clicked on the site and got straight to the page I wanted?

Thank you

Alison

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 17:32

Do not know what the norm is Alison but I have not had any problems signing in. I just bring up the forum page on my IPad and it opens on the page I was on before then I refresh to be on today's posts.

Hope you get it sorted

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 17:42

It was a problem for me when the site was changed, but not for a while now. Have you tried logging in, and then clicking on and saving THAT logged in page again as your click to go to" thumbnail" or whatever the short thing is at the top of your screen?

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 17:52

I ONLY need to sign in when I've cleared my browser history. Not that I need to of course ahem!! 😀😀

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 18:17
Thanks everyone - it must just be me.

Not made any easier as I have got one of those computer generated passwords that I can never remember!

Will have a play 😀

All the best to everyone

Alison x

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 18:40

Dunno too much about computers but...... Depending on what browser you are using.... have you checked your cookie settings?

If they have been changed somehow to delete cookies on exit that could explain your problem...

Luther

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 19:10
Are you using an iPad? If so if you tick a box to save password it should say auto fill password when you click in the name box.

Arthur

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 19:38

Yes Arthur I Am using an iPad as I find it quicker to ' boot up ' as such.

I have changed the password to a simpler one, but every time I come to the site via the app I am put to the community page and have to sign in.

Not a big deal, but I do like to check in a few times a day to keep abreast of everyone's day to day situations, so was easier before without all the log in.

I can't ask anyone to help either, as we keep our business on here private.

will let you know if I find the answer.

thanks everyone

Alison

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 20:04

Alison if you check at the top of your safari page and just under the space for typing in what you want to search for, there is a row of previous sites that you have visited and if you tap onto the one that shows PCuk site then that will bring you onto where you last were

Cheers Chris/Woody

User
Posted 03 Dec 2015 at 20:29

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Alison if you check at the top of your safari page and just under the space for typing in what you want to search for, there is a row of previous sites that you have visited and if you tap onto the one that shows PCuk site then that will bring you onto where you last were

Cheers Chris/Woody

Still reckon it's a cookie setting........maybe Safari has been set to block cookies for this site somehow?