I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Coming off Bicalutamide

User
Posted 07 Dec 2015 at 09:45

Not sure this is in the right place but here goes.

My Oncologist advised me last week that I can come off the Bicalutamide in 6 months. I understand that my currently undetectable PSA will reappear and needs to be monitored.

Has anyone here any experience of other "side effects" after stopping Bicalutamide?

While taking Bicalutamide some hair on my head has reappeared, body hair has disappeared. presumably that may change.

Anything else to watch out for?

Edited by member 07 Dec 2015 at 09:54  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 07 Dec 2015 at 15:10

I'm sorry I can't help you with withdrawal Pierre , but I'd love to hear how you think it affected you mentally and physically. I'm 3 months in and feel atrocious in both ways. In truth I feel broken at the moment , but am aware it could be a mixture of winter , ongoing cancer , stress , ED etc etc.
Very tired , angry , snappy , lots of muscle wastage , no hair probs , still very horny but zero in the trouser area , gut getting fatter. Did I say ANGRY !! Haha
Best wishes on future results
Chris

User
Posted 11 Jan 2016 at 12:50

Chris - really sorry about the bad time you are having. I am just wondering what's in store for me. Chatting to my brother who was on it for 20 months he said he got none of the mood swings or depression but he did get hot flushes. The worst thing for him was breast pain and, related to that, the moobs although I have to say they are not that noticeable.

Initially he was offered a shot of radiotherapy to the nipple area to help but that was withdrawn because it was deemed to be too near his heart (he has has some issues with irregular heartbeat). I don't know if that was the reason given though.

I read there are 2 strengths - 50 mg and 150 mg - so I guess the higher dose is worse.

Looks like everybody reacts in different ways to bicalutamide and I guess to all the hormone drugs.

User
Posted 11 Jan 2016 at 13:06

Yes you are right. Everyone seems different. I'm on 150mg per day. I think nearly 4 months now. Just beginning to get hot flushes. No boob probs or pain. Ongoing really. Best wishes
Chris