I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

gps attitude

User
Posted 07 Dec 2015 at 12:09

hi,what is up with gps nowadays,went this morning because i have been suffering with constipation for 2wks and blood in my stools,he checked me over and said he thinks it is a burst blood vessel,as i was leaving to go i thought of something else i wanted to ask his reply was can you hurry up,its disgusting saying things like that to a cancer patient,i will not be seeing him again,also he would not refer me for a dexa scan till perhaps a later date,i have been on ht 1yr 10months.

User
Posted 07 Dec 2015 at 14:15

I had a wonderful doctor. He always listened, he was always late for the next appointment so his surgeries overran but you never heard anyone complain because you knew that when it was your turn he would listen to you too.

Sadly he had to leave to look after his wife who was seriously ill and not one of those other Gps has his sense of caring.

A couple of weeks ago I had to see one of them. He was very terse, quite rude and I never got to tell him what was bothering me. I'm now thinking of going to a private GP clinic just so that I'm satisfied that somebody is actually listening .

It shouldn't be necessary to do that.

I really do sympathise with you radar. It is very frustrating I know.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 07 Dec 2015 at 15:04

My doctor is a godsend. He always has time or makes time. He,s a true Christian. I've been amazed also with both Uro and Onco. Yes they may be 40mins late , but wow they sit and listen.
I'm so sorry you had this experience. For what it's worth I'd make a complaint. Maybe not 5 yrs ago but now I'm older life is too short !! You don't want to see him again anyway so make a complaint. What,s to lose radar ?? I'm big on positive feedback where it is due also.
Take care
Chris

User
Posted 07 Dec 2015 at 18:40

thanks.i am going to complain to the manager of the health centre tomorrow,with him saying hurry up i forgot to tell him that i cant sleep very well with zoladex.

User
Posted 07 Dec 2015 at 18:47
Hi

I made a written complaint to my gp about a high missed PSA test that was not acted on and several referrals that took up to six weeks to be sent.

I got an apology and a reply that was inaccurate and basically said is was all my fault.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 07 Dec 2015 at 19:50

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

thanks.i am going to complain to the manager of the health centre tomorrow,with him saying hurry up i forgot to tell him that i cant sleep very well with zoladex.

If you are going to complain, I would do it in writing.  You might want to be sure about why you are complaining?  Is it to make a change to their practices and procedures for example?  Ask for a response to your specific question or complaint or they may just acknowledge your letter and file it.  Good luck.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 07 Dec 2015 at 19:57
Our GP surgery has over 12500 patients (many elderly) and 6 doctors. They have a 10 minute rule to be able to see as many people as possible. There's no excuse for rudeness but in this modern age we need to remember the other side of the coin. The doctors in our surgery are under immense pressure from Government, patients and the press, I feel sorry for them. Still no excuse for rudeness though.

Best wishes

Allison