Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Latest Onco visit

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 11:41

Saw my Onco. yesterday.
He was not unduly concerned, at least made out he wasn't ! Said I need to take Bicalutamide 50mg tablets/daily to assist. the HT.
I am disappointed the HT is not working on its own, and am hoping that in combination it will do the trick.
He does not want to see me for 3 months, when they will review the situation; it seems such a long gap, during which time so much can happen, as has been the case with me.
He did say if in the meantime I had any concerns to phone him & he would see me straight away.
Has anyone else had Bicalutamide added to HT ?

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 12:20

Hi Old1
The experts will be along to help you soon !! I asked my doctor why I was put on Bicalutamide 150mg daily and not injections like many people on here. I just want to reassure you that he said he had patients where good old Bicalutamide was working for them when other HT had been failing. Hopefully the addition will help you
Chris

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 13:29

Old1, I have replied to your same post on your other thread

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 15:36
Hi Old1, i had bicalutamide added to ht 6 months ago. My psa had steadily risen to 38 after almost 6 years on ht. It seems to be working well, after 3 months my psa dropped to 27 and after 6 months is now at 13. I was 47 when diagnosed with a psa of 1730, widespread mets to bones and lymph nodes.
User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 17:17

Thank youChris J, lyneEyre and Speedy, your comments are very reassuring.

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 19:24
You are doing remarkably well Speedy, six years on with extensive mets very impressive. You managed to get early chemo which is now the orthodoxy so you have clearly benefitted from that regime. Hope you have kept well in that time. I am four years on with bone mets but until a year ago just had HT (prostap). Then started bicultimide (casodex) and this brought a rising PSA (42) down to 18 and has settled in the mid twenties. So it has worked for nearly a year and side effects minimal. Hoping it might continue for a while longer but know it's not long term and it's been suggested enzalutimide will be next. It's a roller coaster of a ride!
User
Posted 10 Dec 2015 at 12:05
Hi Yorkhull, i have kept well since dx, still working at present. Last scan showed mets had disappeared from lymph nodes so that could make it possible to get radium223 in the future
User
Posted 10 Dec 2015 at 14:02
That's great news again. I know my onco likes radium 223 as they did trials in this area and I think it works best when the cancer has become active again. So hopefully they can keep it for you until the time is right. I have worked also though retiring next April as the fatigue just makes full time work difficult now.