I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

3 year PSA results

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 18:38
It is now just over 3 years ago that my prostate was removed by operation.

I saw my consultant today for a 3 year review and to receive latest PSA results - less than 0.02 virtually undetectable. It goes without saying that this comes as a great relief. Next test is 6 months from now.

I hope this gives some reassurance to others travelling a similar path to me and particularly any men just diagnosed.

With regard to incontinence, I still have odd leaks so I am not quite 100% but I have come to terms with this. If need be I will live with it.

This just leaves an ongoing ED issue, which if I am honest causes me much distress and mental anguish (and which I haven't come to terms with). As 3 years have passed I am scared I might be too late for a return of full EF but I keep on trying to overcome this.

Thank you all for the support given to me over the past 2 and half years.

Sending best wishes to all.
User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 19:23

Hello Mr T
I've been hanging for your result all day !! If there is ever "cured" from this disease then you are well on your way there friend. I couldn't be happier for you at this land-mark stage.
If all us men are truly honest we are never truly continent as we get older. And we all know our better halves aren't either ( all praise TENA ). No shame in it at all although I feel truly sorry for people that have very slow recovery post-op.
The ED thing is very emotive. It's such a struggle but I admire you for persisting after 3 years. And it may not be too late , and you are doing all you can !! I spoke to my best man about my issues and troubles in the trouser department. His answer ?? " you're getting more action than me " :-))
So it's not all bad. Chuffed for you
Chris

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 19:55

RT

Superb news for you and I hope it continues for may years to come.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 20:52

Great results RT

Bri

User
Posted 10 Dec 2015 at 12:16

That really is good news re the results RT. It seems you got news yesterday and I've received some today.
Long may it continue.
Cobbles

User
Posted 10 Dec 2015 at 13:10
RT,

Really good news. You give so much hope to many on this site.

Well done.

Steve
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 19:23

Hello Mr T
I've been hanging for your result all day !! If there is ever "cured" from this disease then you are well on your way there friend. I couldn't be happier for you at this land-mark stage.
If all us men are truly honest we are never truly continent as we get older. And we all know our better halves aren't either ( all praise TENA ). No shame in it at all although I feel truly sorry for people that have very slow recovery post-op.
The ED thing is very emotive. It's such a struggle but I admire you for persisting after 3 years. And it may not be too late , and you are doing all you can !! I spoke to my best man about my issues and troubles in the trouser department. His answer ?? " you're getting more action than me " :-))
So it's not all bad. Chuffed for you
Chris

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 19:55

RT

Superb news for you and I hope it continues for may years to come.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 09 Dec 2015 at 20:52

Great results RT

Bri

User
Posted 10 Dec 2015 at 12:16

That really is good news re the results RT. It seems you got news yesterday and I've received some today.
Long may it continue.
Cobbles

User
Posted 10 Dec 2015 at 13:10
RT,

Really good news. You give so much hope to many on this site.

Well done.

Steve