I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Long wait for Biopsy results

User
Posted 18 Dec 2015 at 10:14
Hi all. Well, it's eight weeks since my DRE showed an abnormality and yesterday, after a long and anxious wait, I had my biopsy. The unfortunate thing is that I have to wait three weeks for the result. Any chance I had of knowing my fate before Christmas/New Year is clearly out of the window. Roll on January 7th!
User
Posted 18 Dec 2015 at 19:57

Hi Trevol, welcome to the site I know it is not good waiting for results and I am sure you will know one way or another soon enough even if it is half way through Jan before you find out.

It is easier said and done to say try not to worry but please do not let anything spoil your Christmas especially as you can do nothing about finding out, my view would be to think "switch off," enjoy, spend time with family and come JAN 2nd switch back on again. "Simples!!"

Keep posting if you have any worries and there will be someone that can answer your questions.

Merry Christmas, Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint.

User
Posted 18 Dec 2015 at 21:59
Trevol

It's a horrible time. Try not to second guess it, but prepare for the worst. If it's good news, you can rejoice. If it's bad news you can move on to the next step. I remember the wait. It was 15 agonising days. You are unfortunate in that it's Christmas, and people are on holiday.

You don't say what your psa results are - these will give you some indication of what's to come, although of course, it doesn't always follow.

Try not to read too much on line. Download the toolkit from this site. Ask all your questions here. Someone will know the answer
Louise x
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Dec 2015 at 19:57

Hi Trevol, welcome to the site I know it is not good waiting for results and I am sure you will know one way or another soon enough even if it is half way through Jan before you find out.

It is easier said and done to say try not to worry but please do not let anything spoil your Christmas especially as you can do nothing about finding out, my view would be to think "switch off," enjoy, spend time with family and come JAN 2nd switch back on again. "Simples!!"

Keep posting if you have any worries and there will be someone that can answer your questions.

Merry Christmas, Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint.

User
Posted 18 Dec 2015 at 21:59
Trevol

It's a horrible time. Try not to second guess it, but prepare for the worst. If it's good news, you can rejoice. If it's bad news you can move on to the next step. I remember the wait. It was 15 agonising days. You are unfortunate in that it's Christmas, and people are on holiday.

You don't say what your psa results are - these will give you some indication of what's to come, although of course, it doesn't always follow.

Try not to read too much on line. Download the toolkit from this site. Ask all your questions here. Someone will know the answer
Louise x
User
Posted 19 Dec 2015 at 14:45

Just to say thinking of you Trevol and hoping you can kick those fears into the background and get some enjoyment out of Christmas.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails