I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

worth getting checked out?

User
Posted 27 Dec 2015 at 02:57

hi i have been having trouble urinating...at night time i feel the need to keep going even though i have just gone it just always feel like its never empty and then it stops and starts and im there for like 15 minutes...sometimes its hard to get to sleep because im up and down. recently i have started experiencing lower back pain that is sometimes unbearable as if my bones are having pressure on them which goes from left to right including the spine now pain is starting to occur around the groin area like a cramp and also in top of thighs.had loose stools for a long time now also..should it be worth having this checked out as im 35? thankyou for any replies. 

User
Posted 27 Dec 2015 at 20:06

Hi mental!!

Welcome to the site and sorry that you have the need to ask but at least you have come to the right site for help.

I am not sure what all the aches and pains might be but I went to the docs when I was getting up 7/8times each night and was put on Tamsulosin tablets to try and help. After three months I went back to docs for more tablets and that was when he sent me for tests, MRI, bone scan and blood test for PSA reading. That was back in sept 2014 and in Feb this year the diagnosis was that I had aggressive prostate cancer but it was contained in my prostate and had not broken out.

My treatment was hormone therapy and radio therapy.

My point being that the sooner you go to the doctors the sooner you will know one way or the other what the problem is. It may be an enlarged prostate or something other than PCa. That fact that you have other aches and stool problems would be enough to get it all checked out.

There is no point in worrying until you know for sure so try to stay focused on what you know rather than what you do not know.

If the worst case scenario happens then stay on this forum and ask any questions that you want as there will be others on here that have gone through or are going through the various forms of PCa. There are also the "other halves" that can help as they, quite often, are the ones that have done lots of research as well as seeing their OH's treatments.

There is the "toolkit" that can be down loaded or have sent to you, this is very helpful for whatever level/ or type of PCa you might have.

Please let us know what the outcome of a visit to the docs or any tests may bring. Any diagnosis results ie PSA level, Gleason score, staging etc will be helpful to us here to be able to give advice. Fingers crossed that you will be all clear.

Best wishes Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint.

User
Posted 27 Dec 2015 at 20:38

Hi Mental,

I like the user name by the way..... http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

In answer to your question, yes it's definitely worth getting checked out!

it's worth bearing in mind that you are still very young and there could be numerous reasons as to why you are experiencing the symptoms you describe and they are not all related to PCa.......

No point in speculating further....

A visit to your GP will get any relevant investigations / tests under way.

Hopefully all will be well.

Best Wishes

Luther 

User
Posted 27 Dec 2015 at 20:56

Hello mental and welcome from me too.

Yep, I agree, best to get it checked. Soon sorted if it's an infection. Might even be something like kidney stones so not necessarily something really nasty. You won't know though unless you get it checked out.

Good luck and keep us posted

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 27 Dec 2015 at 21:56

Visit to GP indicated. Maybe just an infection, hope it is. I would expect you would have to provide a urine sample for analysis. You are very young for PCa but it can happen so suggest you ask for any blood tests to include PSA if infection or other causes ruled out.

Barry
User
Posted 28 Dec 2015 at 00:19

To the question 'is it worth getting it checked out?' You already know that the answer is yes. You are too young to have such troubled sleep and these things don't just happen for no cause. As to whether it could be prostate cancer (which is presumably your fear otherwise you wouldn't have joined this forum) this is highly unlikely.

Don't assume that the loose bowels and urinary problems are linked - you might have two problems. Frequent weeing and a feeling that you haven't emptied correctly can be easily checked at a clinic - my husband was exactly the same age as you when he was diagnosed with a bladder problem which presented with almost identical symptoms as yours - he took tablets to relax the bladder muscles for 15 years and they helped him to get a decent night's sleep. Pain in the lower back is often associated with urine/kidney infections and these are more likely if you are not emptying your bladder fully. Some urine infections are hard to find on routine GP tests so ask your doctor to refer you to your local urology department if the initial tests are clear.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Dec 2015 at 00:24

PS Do you get a lot of pins and needles in your legs?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Dec 2015 at 21:10

hi thankyou for the replies....ive had urine tests which show no infections my liver count or whatever its called came back abnormal. pains only around groin area and aching in thigh...and from testies gooch and backside all aching. and the pain is in both sides of my back around hip and spine there is also hurting. but i see a out of hours doctor yesterday she checked with her finger and didnt say much but she has wrote to doctor requesting him to book me a colonoscopy as soon as he can and a psa test and a scan. only decided to start getting it looked at properly because my uncle died 3 weeks ago of pc and fair enough he was 76 but ive had these probs going on for a while now and all the doctor was doing was checking for infections. so made me wake up as we just never know what it could be and start seeking advice....thankyou again for the replies

User
Posted 28 Dec 2015 at 22:18

Well mental, whatever is wrong is now going to be investigated so that's a good start.

35 is very young for prostate cancer but you are obviously worried that your problems might bee that given your uncle's recent death.

Try not to convince yourself that you definitely have PC. It hasn't been confirmed as that so wait until you have had the scan and the PSA test before you panic.

Best to also make sure that you do not have sexual intercourse or ride a bike before the PS test as it can affect the reading and you need a clear result so that investigations can begin properly if the doctors feel they are needed.

Keep as calm as you can. Not easy I know, but you achieve nothing by worrying yourself silly over something that might well not be.

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 00:18

yeah im ok about it not thinking i got it...but better to be safe than sorry eh? and as for riding a bike i had mine nicked and sexual intercourse? thats another thing thats been wrong  my sex drive has been dead last 6 months......like his gone into hibernation

whatever it is just wished my doc had look into it properly sooner  as its now affecting my every day activities. but its a good thing these sites are about as sometimes to try tell others your worries and concerns is a bit harder than some think. i spoke to my mate about it and he gonna come along with me which is nice. thanks for your replies

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 01:07

If the other tests come back clear, worth asking them to check your spine I think. There are a couple of spinal conditions that can present with symptoms such as urinary delay/retention, bowel problems, impotence and lower back pain.