Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

An old poem

User
Posted 28 Dec 2015 at 22:55
Hi

I wrote this when rather drunk after the first Newark meet up. The guys I met really inspired me....

Did you weep tonight

While they were asleep

Did you sit alone

With your feelings so deep

Do you wonder

If your mind will be free

Do you wonder

What the future will be

Do you carry on,

As if all is well,

Do you worry

But would rather not tell

Do you look strong

Even when you're unwell

Do you remain positive

Whilst others may dwell

Do you feel alone

Even in a crowd

Do you wonder why me

And want to shout it out loud

Do you feel the love

As your family hold you near

Are there words unspoken

Yet resonate so clear

Did you weep tonight

While they were asleep

Did you sit alone

Bri

User
Posted 28 Dec 2015 at 22:55
Hi

I wrote this when rather drunk after the first Newark meet up. The guys I met really inspired me....

Did you weep tonight

While they were asleep

Did you sit alone

Do you wonder

If your mind will be free

Do you wonder

What the future will be

Do you carry on,

As if all is well,

Do you worry

But would rather not tell

Do you look strong

Even when you're unwell

Do you remain positive

Whilst others may dwell

Do you feel alone

Even in a crowd

Do you wonder why me

And want to shout it out loud

Do you feel the love

As your family hold you near

Are there words unspoken

Yet resonate so clear

Did you weep tonight

While they were asleep

Did you sit alone

Bri

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 12:07

Am I sure I don't drink? Yes.

Am I sure the only reason is to prevent myself from writing emotional poetry? Well, no - there are other reasons like

a) I cannot bear the thought of not being in control

b) the only reason J married me was because I was a cheap date - his previous girlfriend drank double gin & tonic and my glass of coke cost him 17p so he decided I was worth hanging on to

c) I got drunk once in my life and it was a disaster - I removed all clothing from the waist down and ran round a French campsite shouting "s**g me here John" Obviously he was not impressed

d) many many years as a rugby wife has taught me that alcohol makes people sad - I worry that my sad box might be like a bottomless well and I haven't got time to deal with that

Bri, seriously - thanks for posting it again

Edited by member 29 Dec 2015 at 12:08  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 09:33
Tears in my eyes reading this...
User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 09:58
Very good Brian, my eyes are wet, we've all been there,and still are more or less, but what can we do? Soldier on I suppose, hope for the best, look forward,be positive, carry on regardless. Thanks for the poem, Best wishes Diesel.
User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 10:19
Bri

that is so lovely, I read it through tears as I recall that first get together, so much has happened since then that make the words you have used truly meaningful. I thank my lucky stars every day for the wondeful freinds and family I have .

thankyou so very much

xxxxx

Mo

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 11:23

Bri, this is a great example of why I don't drink 😢

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 11:27
Are you sure? Dx
User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 11:45

I remember that day and th conversations and I remember this reflection repeated here for us to enjoy again. Great words.

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 12:07

Am I sure I don't drink? Yes.

Am I sure the only reason is to prevent myself from writing emotional poetry? Well, no - there are other reasons like

a) I cannot bear the thought of not being in control

b) the only reason J married me was because I was a cheap date - his previous girlfriend drank double gin & tonic and my glass of coke cost him 17p so he decided I was worth hanging on to

c) I got drunk once in my life and it was a disaster - I removed all clothing from the waist down and ran round a French campsite shouting "s**g me here John" Obviously he was not impressed

d) many many years as a rugby wife has taught me that alcohol makes people sad - I worry that my sad box might be like a bottomless well and I haven't got time to deal with that

Bri, seriously - thanks for posting it again

Edited by member 29 Dec 2015 at 12:08  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 15:18

Lyn

Sounds like you were "bottomless.... Well!!"

Joking aside, that was a lovely poem Bri. Most folk do not know what is happening with us, only the family and OH's and friends.

I am sure it would make all the others stop and think a bit.

Best wishes, Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint.

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 16:46
Oh! that I were there, that hot summer in France, the first time I stayed at a french campsite in about 1972 at St Maxine, close to Tropez, I went to the men's big open roofed urinal and started to go, when a rather pretty young french girl stood next to me and helped her young son use the next stall,it was too late for me then , I was in mid flow,she gave me a nice smile and we just carried on. I imagine the sight of a young lynn running about half naked, may not have raised too many eyebrows. Diesel x.

Edited by member 29 Dec 2015 at 16:48  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 18:01

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Bri, this is a great example of why I don't drink 😢

Me neither.  Wussy. http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 21:20
BB Briliant BRii , thank you for bringing this back up sometimes we need something like this to bring us back together. Lyn all I can say you little Walnut Whip you (soft in the middle with a hard not top) 😉.

BFN

JulieX

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 18:23
I remember this poem first time round. Great poem and a great day I think we all have good memories of that day except countryboy who was sound a sleep on the pubs sofa
Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict