I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Husband having surgery today

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 09:30
Just to say thank you for the messages that you have sent to Paul and I. Had a text this morning he went into surgery at 9. Currently at home feeling v strange and scared. Jayne
User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 16:48

Hi Jayne, keep your chin up and fingers crossed we are all thinking of you.

Waiting is not good for anyone.

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 16:57

Any news Jayne?

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 17:07
Currently at hospital with Paul. He went to theatre at 9 and was back on ward at 1. Asleep now feel like asking him to move over so can have a snooze with him. Consultant said operation was straight forward. Will keep you posted.
User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 17:31

Best wishes on a super-speedy recovery !
Chris

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 18:00

Excellent, so far so good.

The worst part is now over. Let the healing and recovery begin.

ATB

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 18:16

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Currently at hospital with Paul. He went to theatre at 9 and was back on ward at 1. Asleep now feel like asking him to move over so can have a snooze with him. Consultant said operation was straight forward. Will keep you posted.

Very good news Jayne

Surgeons tend not to get too enthusiastic about these things...

My surgeon told me that I had had  an 'uncomplicated procedure ' and walked away... leaving me to analyse his words until his understudy came around later on when I had come to fully and explained that things went well as far as they could tell at this point.

Please pass on my good wishes to Paul

Luther

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 19:33
Jayne

Really pleased to hear the operation went well.

It is now all about rest and recovery and that takes time and a lot of patience, no two Men seem to recover at the same pace or in the same way so although you can read the profiles of others, these are just a guide.

thinking of you both

best wishes

xx

Mo

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 19:58

Glad that's over for both of you.

Take it easy the pair of you when Paul comes home. He's going to need you hale and hearty when he gets out (sounds like prison!) so no good you wearing yourself out. You need to take care of you too.

That includes trying not to worry or second guess the outcome, just concentrate and being with each other and caring for each other
(I hope he is a good patient!)

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 20:01

Hi Jayne,

Really good news that everything seems to have gone well.  I'm so pleased for you both.

It must have been a really stressful day for you.  I hope you can both relax and settle back while Paul recovers.  The secret seems to be not to rush anything though I can only go by what others have said, I wasn't lucky enough to be allowed surgery.

Please pass on my good wishes to Paul.

Steve

Edited by member 29 Dec 2015 at 20:02  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 00:03
Good news.

Thinking of you both

Louise x

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 02:26

Hi
Good to read everything went ok
Just keep doing what you have been doing that is loving your hubby
Look after yourself as imagine its going to be a tough few months
Regards
Nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 15:47
Hello thank you all so much for your support and best wishes. Paul had good night sleep, out of bed, making jokes about his catheter im sure he will share his stories think it's a male sense of humour! Feeling v tired but hardly any pain. Hoping to come home tomorrow. Ben and I are ok mind you the make up isn't doing a great job, feel liked I've aged... anyway will be touch soon, take care. Paul & jayne
User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 18:24

I'm 8 months ahead of you and had similar stats on diagnosis. I also elected for the DaVinci, and I've had no regrets.

Wishing you both a happy and healthy New Year!

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 21:56
Hi Paul & Jayne

I am 5 months post op and the from my experience the advice I would give Paul is to listen to what his body is telling him. Don' t feel guilty about having a rest but try not to just sit around. Drink plenty of water and try to avoid constipation. Do your pelvic floor exercises and above all - talk to each other. I am 67 and have back driving school minibuses since 6 weeks post op. I did not think I would ever recover continence control but have found that laughing at myself is the best medecine and things have improved dramatically in the last month. All the very best to you both.

Kevan