I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Colostomy

User
Posted 31 Dec 2015 at 05:51

I'm not sure this is allowed but if you know any ladies who have colostomy bags then my daughter Suzanne has started a website (not selling anything !).

It's called gladragsandbags.org and is her way of helping others in her situation with high street shopping for clothing, which comfortably fits over her stoma.

She only started it up yesterday so will need to iron out any problems.

If you know of somebody who could benefit or who would be willing to share their tips too it would be great if you could pass on the web address.

She's not making money out of it, or asking for money, just tips to pass on to others.

Moderators if this is unacceptable please feel free to remove it.

Thanks

Edited by member 06 Dec 2016 at 15:30  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 19:12

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Thank you all for your kind words. It might seem a silly thing to post when so many of you are undergoing such horrible things but they have overcome such a lot in 6 years.

Sandra,

My view, for what it is worth, its nothing like silly.

There are many here enduring more serious longer term, more life threatening issues than your daughter.

But that does not reduce the significance and impact upon her of what she is dealing with. 

A Mum bursting with pride, her Daughter bursting with courage.   What's not to like and admire?  :-)

atb

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 02 Jan 2016 at 09:52

Hi just bumping this up for you so that it may help someone and your daughter.

Best of luck and a happy new year

Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 12:39
Sandra

Proud Mum and rightly so.
xx
Mo
User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 14:44
That must be so encouraging for so many people in similar circumstances, it's good that 3 newspapers have published the story. I hope it gets the wider audience it deserves

Arthur
User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 14:51

Cracking Sandra. Read the article and very proud you must be of them all. What a rough ride you have all faced.
Chris

User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 15:19

Brilliant, Sandra, your daughter will help so many others with this. Respect to her. What a proud Mum you must be !!

Fiona. x

User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 21:38

Great story Sandra, thanks for posting the link and I hope your daughter is successful with her new business.

You are right to be so proud of her especially for being so positive about herself.

Best wishes, Chris/Woody

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Jan 2016 at 09:52

Hi just bumping this up for you so that it may help someone and your daughter.

Best of luck and a happy new year

Chris/Woody

User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 11:00

Happy New Year to you too Chris and thanks for bumping.

I realise that the post wouldn't interest many but if just one member has a female (especially a younger family member/friend) she might find it useful.

User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 12:12

Don't know if this can be picked up, I'm not that good with links so I hope so

That's MY girl.

Judging by the comments she has been getting she has already been a positive influence on peoples' attitudes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3427794/Mother-battled-aggressive-bowel-cancer-starts-fashion-blog-offering-style-tips-women-living-colostomy-bag.html

The Story also appeared in the Sun online and Metro online

Edited by member 03 Feb 2016 at 12:13  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 12:39
Sandra

Proud Mum and rightly so.
xx
Mo
User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 14:44
That must be so encouraging for so many people in similar circumstances, it's good that 3 newspapers have published the story. I hope it gets the wider audience it deserves

Arthur
User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 14:51

Cracking Sandra. Read the article and very proud you must be of them all. What a rough ride you have all faced.
Chris

User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 15:17

Thank you all.

It wasn't as rough as their's but we all know how hard it is to watch your loved ones suffer, especially when one of them is a young child.

She is totally taken aback by the speed of action. It has also been translated into Italian and Portuguese I think she said.

She was supposed to have updated her blog today but now finds she has writer's block !!

Chris our daughter has your saying "If life gives you lemons etc" on a big framed picture on her wall along with
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass…it’s about learning to dance in the rain!

Platitudes maybe but she lives her life by them.

Yes, very proud. This is a girl who was considered a dunce, or at least appeared to refuse to make the effort to learn to read properly and who we discovered years later was probably dyslexic to some degree and certainly suffers from Dyscalculia,
neither of which was recognised much nearly 40 years ago, so yes we are very proud of her and our grandson.

Thank you all for your kind words. It might seem a silly thing to post when so many of you are undergoing such horrible things but they have overcome such a lot in 6 years.

Edited by member 03 Feb 2016 at 15:18  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 15:19

Brilliant, Sandra, your daughter will help so many others with this. Respect to her. What a proud Mum you must be !!

Fiona. x

User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 19:12

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Sandra,

My view, for what it is worth, its nothing like silly.

There are many here enduring more serious longer term, more life threatening issues than your daughter.

But that does not reduce the significance and impact upon her of what she is dealing with. 

A Mum bursting with pride, her Daughter bursting with courage.   What's not to like and admire?  :-)

atb

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 03 Feb 2016 at 21:38

Great story Sandra, thanks for posting the link and I hope your daughter is successful with her new business.

You are right to be so proud of her especially for being so positive about herself.

Best wishes, Chris/Woody