I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Post operative angst

User
Posted 23 Jan 2016 at 06:16
I was diagnosed with PC in November 2015 and had my prostate removed earlier this month. I write an occasional blog which may be of interest.

http://johngillieswilkes.blogspot.com

User
Posted 23 Jan 2016 at 06:16
I was diagnosed with PC in November 2015 and had my prostate removed earlier this month. I write an occasional blog which may be of interest.

http://johngillieswilkes.blogspot.com

User
Posted 23 Jan 2016 at 09:17

Hello JohnG and welcome.

Your blog is very good (although I've only managed a quick glance so far) and I am sure will help others on the same journey.

Could I perhaps make a suggestion and that is that you put the link to your blog in your profile because it would be easier for other people to follow you I think.
Your post could get lost after a while with others overtaking it and the link will be lost in the ether unless somebody further don the line remembers who it was who had a blog.

Just a thought.

Hope the recovery is going along well and that the "flattened" bits are not so flat and black

Listen to your body (well, you have been haven't you - hence those plans for an early return to work being put on hold

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 23 Jan 2016 at 09:46
Thanks Pablo. We still have District Nurses up in the Midlands, they are great and pitch up at your home very promptly.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Jan 2016 at 09:17

Hello JohnG and welcome.

Your blog is very good (although I've only managed a quick glance so far) and I am sure will help others on the same journey.

Could I perhaps make a suggestion and that is that you put the link to your blog in your profile because it would be easier for other people to follow you I think.
Your post could get lost after a while with others overtaking it and the link will be lost in the ether unless somebody further don the line remembers who it was who had a blog.

Just a thought.

Hope the recovery is going along well and that the "flattened" bits are not so flat and black

Listen to your body (well, you have been haven't you - hence those plans for an early return to work being put on hold

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 23 Jan 2016 at 09:40

Thanks for posting John, I'm 9 months ahead of you and your blog has brought back memories!

What is a District Nurse? I was trained how to do these things during my 24hrs in Hospital, it's been DIY in my part of London.

I've no regrets, no detectable PSA reading, no continence issues and now only mild ED, so I'm very lucky!

Wishing you all the very best!

Pablo

User
Posted 23 Jan 2016 at 09:46
Thanks Pablo. We still have District Nurses up in the Midlands, they are great and pitch up at your home very promptly.