I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Further bone spread and PSA rise post chemo

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 11:32
Have just visited onco following ct and bone scans. Bone scan snows further spread to most parts of bone and PSA rise to 79.8 post chemo.

CT scan shows no spread to vital organs.

Big shock and disappointment when post chemo had my PSA down to 0.05. Onco recommends I start Arbiritone in next 3 weeks.Would be grateful if any fellow sufferer out there has personal experience of this treatment.

Regards to All

Alan

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 11:32
Have just visited onco following ct and bone scans. Bone scan snows further spread to most parts of bone and PSA rise to 79.8 post chemo.

CT scan shows no spread to vital organs.

Big shock and disappointment when post chemo had my PSA down to 0.05. Onco recommends I start Arbiritone in next 3 weeks.Would be grateful if any fellow sufferer out there has personal experience of this treatment.

Regards to All

Alan

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 12:02

HI Alan,

So sorry to hear your news, if you look on my bio i went straight on to Abbi after chemo i stayed on it for 18 months only coming off all treatment because i started getting SVT heart problems. it was found that it was NOT caused by my cancer treatments.

I decided to stay off Abbi as my PSA was undetectable throughout the 18 months i was on it and has remained there since.

I had no real side effects on it and found it a great treatment.

Hope it works well for you too

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 14:37

Hi Aldee, I went on Abiraterone 3 months after finishing Cabataxal chemo. Was on it for 18 months and felt great. After 15 months PSA started to rise so at 18 months stopped it. One word of warning, it doesn't work for everyone, but Enzalutamide is another great drug that usually works for patients  Abberaterone doesn't.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 17:06

Hi Alan
I have no experience of this to share but just want to wish you well

Bri

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 20:13

I've been on Abiraterone for over two years at great expense to the NHS, but it works and absolutely no side effects. Go for it. If it doesn't work for you, try something else!

AC in Northants

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 21:53
Hi Alan

My OH, Bob, took arbiterone pre chemo. It was effective for about a year and he didn't really suffer too badly with the side effects. Just tiredness and weight gain but think some of the weight gain was from the steroid. Bob had to have monthly blood tests and assessment and I suppose it was a bit of a nuisance having to visit hospital this frequently.

Wishing you all the best.

Lesley

User
Posted 04 Feb 2016 at 21:12

Hi Alan,
My hubbie has PCa. Although not in your exact boat, we know how perplexing and worrying it can all be, and we wanted to wish you all the best and to not give up hope, because as you can see from these forums, lots of people have amazing stories of how the different treatments keep things really well controlled.
Ali

'Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up'
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 12:02

HI Alan,

So sorry to hear your news, if you look on my bio i went straight on to Abbi after chemo i stayed on it for 18 months only coming off all treatment because i started getting SVT heart problems. it was found that it was NOT caused by my cancer treatments.

I decided to stay off Abbi as my PSA was undetectable throughout the 18 months i was on it and has remained there since.

I had no real side effects on it and found it a great treatment.

Hope it works well for you too

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 13:04
Hi Si

Thanks very much for your feedback? It has given me real hope for my future treatment.

Hope you will continue to improve.

Best Wishes

Alan

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 14:37

Hi Aldee, I went on Abiraterone 3 months after finishing Cabataxal chemo. Was on it for 18 months and felt great. After 15 months PSA started to rise so at 18 months stopped it. One word of warning, it doesn't work for everyone, but Enzalutamide is another great drug that usually works for patients  Abberaterone doesn't.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 17:06

Hi Alan
I have no experience of this to share but just want to wish you well

Bri

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 20:13

I've been on Abiraterone for over two years at great expense to the NHS, but it works and absolutely no side effects. Go for it. If it doesn't work for you, try something else!

AC in Northants

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 21:53
Hi Alan

My OH, Bob, took arbiterone pre chemo. It was effective for about a year and he didn't really suffer too badly with the side effects. Just tiredness and weight gain but think some of the weight gain was from the steroid. Bob had to have monthly blood tests and assessment and I suppose it was a bit of a nuisance having to visit hospital this frequently.

Wishing you all the best.

Lesley

User
Posted 04 Feb 2016 at 21:12

Hi Alan,
My hubbie has PCa. Although not in your exact boat, we know how perplexing and worrying it can all be, and we wanted to wish you all the best and to not give up hope, because as you can see from these forums, lots of people have amazing stories of how the different treatments keep things really well controlled.
Ali

'Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up'
User
Posted 04 Feb 2016 at 21:54

Hi Ali
Many thanks for your kind thoughts.Do hope your hubby continues to improve.
Love and Best Wishes
Alan