Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Almost a year since op

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 18:46
Hi people,

Well this time last year I was fearful and uncertain what my future would be like.I was waiting for my operation. Today I have been for my follow up for my third post op PSA taken just before Christmas. I saw the nurse who fed back my results. PSA again <1 effectively unrecordable. I was able to report to her that I was 99% continent and that the erectile dysfunction is not bothering either me or my good lady.She asked me if I needed to see my surgeon but I had all the news I wanted and left him to see the people who may need his skills as the clinic was very busy.

I know some on here have and still are having a more difficult time than me but I wanted to share my news to offer hope for all that this strange invasion to our nether region can be sorted.

Edited by member 29 Jan 2016 at 20:42  | Reason: Not specified

THE CHILD HAS GROWN, THE DREAM HAS GONE
User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 20:47
Hi Paul

Genuinely so pleased at how things have worked out for you. It must be such a relief for you and your family and hopefully you can all move on.

Compared with so many others I feel that I have also been very fortunate.

Thanks for sharing your good news as it has certainly given me an additional boost ready for the Onco visit on Monday.

Kind regards

Kevan

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 20:59
Hi Paul, great news my husband also Paul is 4 weeks post op now so it's really good for us to hear such a positive outcome. Take care Jayne
User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 21:01

Good to read how you are recovering
Gives others lots of hope
Regards
Nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 21:20

Lovely positive news Paul.

Glad it's all gone well for you and long may it continue

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 21:23
Paul

good news and most welcome it is too.

xx

Mo

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 21:40
Paul

Great news and as you say it will give hope to others that recovery can be as excellent as yours.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 22:09

Great update Paul - doesn't time fly!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 22:12

Paul
I'm so very very happy for you and Mrs A . I thought you were quite a bit further ahead than me to be honest . Thanks so much for the support you gave me when I was desperate.
I hope you can take this news and tuck it under your belt and do your very best to keep moving forward without worrying too much .
All the best
Chris and Elaine

User
Posted 30 Jan 2016 at 08:57
Great news Paul!

It's always good to hear success stories

Best wishes

Arthur

User
Posted 30 Jan 2016 at 09:15

Hi Paul, congratulations on the good results and steady improvement with your continence.

Great positive mental attitude, well done

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 30 Jan 2016 at 11:30

It's really helpful for everybody facing this disease, either as a patient or a partner, to hear good positive stories. Really pleased for you Paul.

I was reflecting on this the other day. Some stories on these threads have "spooked" me a bit about my own choice of treatment and I was thinking how this is similar, in a way, to forums relating to cars. You can do your research in Which, What Car etc and decide that car X is the one for you. You then look on an owners forum and see all sorts of problems being highlighted and you wonder if your new pride and joy will even get you to Tesco!

It's natural, people will come on various forums to report either a problem or to seek advice about how to deal with one. You tend not to say anything if everything is hunky dory.

So well done Paul - really important to report the success stories.

User
Posted 30 Jan 2016 at 11:38

Good to see that things are going well for you Paul.

I have my 6 monthly review and PSA result in a just over a weeks time...... 'squeaky bum time' comes around all too quickly!... http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Best wishes
Luther

User
Posted 30 Jan 2016 at 18:44

Really pleased for you Paul Andy

User
Posted 31 Jan 2016 at 08:10

Paul,

What a fantastic outcome, I'm so pleased for you and your loved ones, long may it continue!
Despite Hull's best attempts to spoil things for you yesterday, you must be on cloud 9!

Pablo

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 20:47
Hi Paul

Genuinely so pleased at how things have worked out for you. It must be such a relief for you and your family and hopefully you can all move on.

Compared with so many others I feel that I have also been very fortunate.

Thanks for sharing your good news as it has certainly given me an additional boost ready for the Onco visit on Monday.

Kind regards

Kevan

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 20:59
Hi Paul, great news my husband also Paul is 4 weeks post op now so it's really good for us to hear such a positive outcome. Take care Jayne
User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 21:01

Good to read how you are recovering
Gives others lots of hope
Regards
Nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 21:20

Lovely positive news Paul.

Glad it's all gone well for you and long may it continue

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 21:23
Paul

good news and most welcome it is too.

xx

Mo

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 21:40
Paul

Great news and as you say it will give hope to others that recovery can be as excellent as yours.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 22:09

Great update Paul - doesn't time fly!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Jan 2016 at 22:12

Paul
I'm so very very happy for you and Mrs A . I thought you were quite a bit further ahead than me to be honest . Thanks so much for the support you gave me when I was desperate.
I hope you can take this news and tuck it under your belt and do your very best to keep moving forward without worrying too much .
All the best
Chris and Elaine

User
Posted 30 Jan 2016 at 08:57
Great news Paul!

It's always good to hear success stories

Best wishes

Arthur

User
Posted 30 Jan 2016 at 09:15

Hi Paul, congratulations on the good results and steady improvement with your continence.

Great positive mental attitude, well done

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 30 Jan 2016 at 11:30

It's really helpful for everybody facing this disease, either as a patient or a partner, to hear good positive stories. Really pleased for you Paul.

I was reflecting on this the other day. Some stories on these threads have "spooked" me a bit about my own choice of treatment and I was thinking how this is similar, in a way, to forums relating to cars. You can do your research in Which, What Car etc and decide that car X is the one for you. You then look on an owners forum and see all sorts of problems being highlighted and you wonder if your new pride and joy will even get you to Tesco!

It's natural, people will come on various forums to report either a problem or to seek advice about how to deal with one. You tend not to say anything if everything is hunky dory.

So well done Paul - really important to report the success stories.

User
Posted 30 Jan 2016 at 11:38

Good to see that things are going well for you Paul.

I have my 6 monthly review and PSA result in a just over a weeks time...... 'squeaky bum time' comes around all too quickly!... http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Best wishes
Luther

User
Posted 30 Jan 2016 at 18:44

Really pleased for you Paul Andy

User
Posted 31 Jan 2016 at 08:10

Paul,

What a fantastic outcome, I'm so pleased for you and your loved ones, long may it continue!
Despite Hull's best attempts to spoil things for you yesterday, you must be on cloud 9!

Pablo