Show search

Notification

Error

Zoladex and PSA after 1 month

User
Posted 04 Feb 2016 at 18:38

Hi folks....

I would appreciate some input here.....

I started my HT (Zoladex) on the 1st of Jan 2016....I also had two weeks of Bicalutamide (50mg) prior to the 1st Zoladex shot.....so in total I had about 1 1/2 months worth of HT... (up to 04/02/2016).

My initial PSA was 54 (before HT)....my second PSA yesterday was 24.

This is a 50% drop in little over a month of HT...I know it was very high to begin with...the thing is I have nothing to compare this with....

I would like to hear from some of you regarding your PSA and your HT.....

Thanks

User
Posted 04 Feb 2016 at 19:21

Bill

It's about par for the course and will probably continue to fall like a stone. This is the honeymoon period and tends to last 1 to 3 years on average. As things progress you will be offered other treatments such as Enzalutamide or Chemo but you still stay on the Zoladex. My PSA has been under 1.0  and over 2 thousand (currently about 1000). Has made little difference to my life and I'm 8 years down the road http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 04 Feb 2016 at 19:36

hi bill
I was diagnosed 11mths ago ,with metastatic cancer, PSA was 20, had the Bicalutamide for a couple of weeks then put on Zoladex, also had the early chemo of Docetaxel my PSA now is 0.03, the side effects from the HT is not always easy to compare, I found at the start they didn't seem to bad but more developed as I had further injections

regards
nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 04 Feb 2016 at 21:32

Hi Bill, I have been on zoladex since Feb last year and my PSA was 63 on diagnosis and first blood test in June it had gone down to 0.5 so it is doing what it is supposed to and in September I had RT, 37fractions, had blood test in Jan and results lost so have had another today so will be eagerly waiting to see if still low or even lower.

You will have to wait until after RT yourself if you are having it, probably 1 month from the end, fingers crossed for you.

Best wishes Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint