Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

left shoulder and arm pain

User
Posted 04 Feb 2016 at 22:44

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see what people think. I am trying not to worry, but Pete has recently started having pain in the left arm, around the shoulder area. It's a pretty deep, constant pain. 

He was diagnosed as T3c, see our profile. Had RP, (at the time they didn't realise it had broken out of capsule), RT and is on HT now.

last two PSA results were untraceable. (last one in Nov).

He sees the GP tomorrow.

I guess I have concerns that it could be an indication of bone mets... My mind tends to jump to the worst case scenario. Everything just seems so unpredictable with cancer. Or could the HT cause bone/ muscle pain? 

Of course it could be arthritis, although Pete's only 48. 

I guess the GP will shed more light on this, but wanted to see what general thoughts from you guys were?

Thank you

'Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up'
User
Posted 05 Feb 2016 at 10:42

ooops - perhaps delete this one Ali so that you don't end up with ad hoc replies and confusion?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Feb 2016 at 11:19
Hi Ali

My OH had exactly same thing and after seeing GP was sent for physio.

It gets worse if he does physical work.

He only went to physio once ( you know what men can be like!!!! ) no offence to the male readers :-)

I think his mind was just put at rest that it was physical rather than linked to the Pca.

Hopefully it will be the same for your OH.

It is natural to think the worst, as every ache and pain is a worry.

Let us know how you get on.

Alison

Edited by member 05 Feb 2016 at 11:21  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Feb 2016 at 15:40

I've been lucky in that since being diagnosed I've had almost no bone pain. However, I have become 'creakier' in the hips such that Mrs_ColU has had to walk slower when out with me. My assumption has been that this is probably caused by the HT rather than the PCa.

In early December 2015 I developed a sore right shoulder. My GP prescribed Naproxen (an anti-inflammatory) and Omeprazole (something to stop the Naproxen from upsetting my stomach). I took them for six days and they magicked away the problem with the shoulder. To my surprise they came with a Brucie Bonus in that my creakiness seemed to disappear as well and all of a sudden I was bounding up and down hills like a young gazelle leaving Mrs_ColU in my wake. http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

The effect is gradually wearing off now but I intend to ask my GP if I can use them again on special occasions such as prior to a walking based holiday.

Might be worth a try?

User
Posted 05 Feb 2016 at 16:00

Hi Ali
My husband has bone mets in his arm it was diagnosed by a bone scan he had problems with pain in that area
But when he was started on HT the pain went away he also on chemo now he was diagnosed with a Gleason 10
He also has bone mets in his pelvis hope this helps
From Yorkshire lass

User
Posted 10 Dec 2016 at 15:59
Hello

Wondered what the outcome was in terms of your symptoms, got similar symptoms myself