I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Quietly chuffed

User
Posted 09 Feb 2016 at 19:10
I am currently sat in a quiet cafe near Russell Square in London spprox 90 miles from home. Have just dropped off some students at the theatre, parked the minibus, phoned my wife to let her know all is well before sauntering into a nearby hotel to ask if I could use their facilities. The key word here is sauntering.

Had you asked me about a month ago whether this would be possible I would have laughed. I was used to being comfortable driving but as soon as I got out of the seat I was unable to control the large urine spurt (padded up of course). Today - total control - could not stop a huge grin.

Sorry if this sounds selfish when so many others have major problems. I have further treatment ahead but I can face the prospect of RT a little better if I have maybe conquered my bladder.

Tonight I don't mind the dark and rain and leaving here at 22.30 to drive the 90 miles home

I hope this might give hope to someone who is suffering with the water works

Kevan

User
Posted 09 Feb 2016 at 22:37

You'll be on your way by now then Kevan but just wanted to say how pleased I am for you that progress has been made. Onwards and upwards !

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 09 Feb 2016 at 22:54
What a lovely post Kevan, I can see your smile from here!
User
Posted 09 Feb 2016 at 22:54

Hi Kevan,

You have achieved a good thing for you.  Made good progress and a significant victory in your journey, well done and, enjoy the achievement.

Do not be worried or nervous about sharing the little victories.

Consider this, there will always be people worse off than you.  There will always be people better off than you.  Be content with where you are.

atb

dave

edietd to add: Be comfortable with where you are.

Edited by member 09 Feb 2016 at 22:56  | Reason: Not specified

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 09 Feb 2016 at 23:06
FANDABIDOZI way to go I am so pleased for you.

BFN

JulieX

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 09 Feb 2016 at 23:47

:-)

I hope they enjoyed the theatre

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 Feb 2016 at 05:41

hi kevan
it brought a smile to my face, long may it continue

regards
nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 10 Feb 2016 at 08:33
Thanks everyone for simply being there to share these moments with. The students loved the theatre and we were back at school just before 1 a.m.. Just started baking for the wife's birthday today. Love it !!!

Kevan

User
Posted 10 Feb 2016 at 10:26

Made me smile too! 

PS ....Don't burn the wife's cakes http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Luther

User
Posted 10 Feb 2016 at 14:14
Great news Kevan

A big step and a significant milestone in your recovery. Well worth smiling and being happy about and definitely worth sharing with us!

Today you are baking for your wife's birthday that is so sweet. I hope she appreciates it.

Best wishes

Xx

Mo